2022 JGP Egna/Neumarkt Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Egna/Neumarkt Rhythm Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yup. Slovakian. But, that’s ID judging. 🤷‍♀️
not willing to accept that since this is the first week that there are such complaints about the ID judging overall.. there have been other weeks where we could discuss a few odd things here and there... but this one... yeah...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
not willing to accept that since this is the first week that there are such complaints about the ID judging overall.. there have been other weeks where we could discuss a few odd things here and there... but this one... yeah...
I think there was another JGP event where ID was scored really wacky.

Sackie

Medalist
And I have been wondering why it is fair to have a TEC caller and a judge from the same country. This is not the 1st event I have noticed and questioned this. Isn't it like double dipping. Especially when there is no judge form one of the countries with a skater or team in the running for medals. And the worse part for me is that in almost every event this season where there has been a CAN judge they have hardly ever favored the skaters from CAN. In fact there have been a few events where the CAN judge was the hardest on the CAN skaters. I am still in shock that a score can drop by 8 points with out a major error. Does this mean that in the Free Dance if the USA skaters have a major error - missed element or a fall, that their score will drop by over 10 points - I don't think so.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I noticed that if Hauer/Starr manage to earn a silver in this competition (& M/M, L/Q go through), they would move into the 1st alternate spot for JGPF.

Then afterwards I wouldn't be surprised to see the ISU making room for a 7th ice dance team, likewise in singles...

I really liked L/Q and despite the mistakes I enjoyed their performance. I also liked the back lift flip in N/M's rhythm dance.

readernick

Medalist
So, based on the performances today. I actually do agree that M/M deserve that kind of lead. They were 100% the best technically and from a PCS standpoint and I don't think any other team came close.
I love Hannah/ Ye but that performance was tentative, messy, and did not have their normal performance quality. These results will not stay the same in the FS.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
A risky statement when connected to ID :dbana:
In senior ice dance, yes. But, in junior ice dance things do move around. Now, will the results be as we expected , not necessarily, but they will likely change. Look at the PCS given to each team for an idea of what the judges will do it the teams skate to potential. It’s highly likely Hannah/Ye and the Canadians move up in the standings. Provided they skate well ( which honestly neither did in the RD). I think first place is pretty much set ( and to me it deserves to be because M/M were just so much better than everyone else) but the other placements definitely aren’t.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yup... American judge lowballing KOR and CAN. Same old same old. to protect their teams... and this doesn't even provide any information on how Restatt may have been influential in the Tech Panel... especially with key points.
Just watch what the Canadian judge does in the FD. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that judge placing G/T above the Czechs.

As for Rettstatt: the TC has a say only if there is disagreement between the TS and ATS. TS and ATS have much more power than the TC when it comes to levels and KPs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just watch what the Canadian judge does in the FD. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that judge placing G/T above the Czechs.

As for Rettstatt: the TC has a say only if there is disagreement between the TS and ATS. TS and ATS have much more power than the TC when it comes to levels and KPs.
We will see.. but often, the CAN judges practice tough love for our juniors... and i am well aware of the TC job.. but i also know Restatt's reputation from VM days.

Reactions: xox

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I know I'm biased, but I LOVED THAT!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I know everybody is making a big deal about how young they are, but that would be an impressive skate even for an older partnership.

Is that a white penguin that Ashlie is holding?

Into 8th, but the two partnerships currently above them are within 1.5 points.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
It's a Snowy Owl she's had for a while, and takes it with her for luck. :hap10::love:🥰🥰🥰
Let's hope they can move up in Free Dance like in Riga.
Good Luck Ash & Atl :clap::cheer:🥰🥰

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I know I'm biased, but I LOVED THAT!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I know everybody is making a big deal about how young they are, but that would be an impressive skate even for an older partnership.

Is that a white penguin that Ashlie is holding?

Into 8th, but the two partnerships currently above them are within 1.5 points.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
It's a snowy owl, specifically Hedwig from Harry Potter.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Love that Ted is rubbing it in that he is there and Mark isn't. :laugh:

In case you're wondering, the reason Mark is commentating from home is the celebrities taking part in "Dancing On Ice" were announced this week. Although, who they will be skating with has not been revealed yet.

CaroLiza_fan
Oh - is Mark in Dancing on Ice again? I was hoping he'd be doing the commentary for the Senior Grand Prixs

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's a Snowy Owl she's had for a while, and takes it with her for luck. :hap10::love:🥰🥰🥰
Let's hope they can move up in Free Dance like in Riga.
Good Luck Ash & Atl :clap::cheer:🥰🥰

It's a snowy owl, specifically Hedwig from Harry Potter.

Thank you both for the info about the owl. I know nothing about Harry Potter, so I wouldn't have worked that out.

Oh - is Mark in Dancing on Ice again? I was hoping he'd be doing the commentary for the Senior Grand Prixs

Yep. Ted's been trying to get information about it out of him all weekend, but he's not giving anything away!

They explained the plans for the ISU coverage of the Senior GP's during one of the Warm-Up groups earlier. I've posted about it in the British & Irish season thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/3025595

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I know M/M are very fast and good technically but I just can’t get on board with them for some reason. Her hunched shoulders really bother me and they cause their overall lines to not look right - I’m sure posture will come with time as they are very skilled but jury is still out for me!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you both for the info about the owl. I know nothing about Harry Potter, so I wouldn't have worked that out.

Yep. Ted's been trying to get information about it out of him all weekend, but he's not giving anything away!

They explained the plans for the ISU coverage of the Senior GP's during one of the Warm-Up groups earlier. I've posted about it in the British & Irish season thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/3025595

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you!

dcr

Rinkside
I know M/M are very fast and good technically but I just can’t get on board with them for some reason. Her hunched shoulders really bother me and they cause their overall lines to not look right - I’m sure posture will come with time as they are very skilled but jury is still out for me!
I thought I was the only one that felt that way! I'm sure their lines will be addressed before too long but I feel her posture helps generate that
speed. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

FYI
USA judge put the USA team in first in the FD...
and placed the Canadians in 6th...

while the CAN judge had the Canadian teams right where most judges placed them.. so not favouring them... It may be surprising to some, but as someone following Canadian skating closely, I am very used to seeing that Canadian judges often are quite conservative when judging countrymen.. https://skatingscores.com/2223/jgpita/jr/dance/long/

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I thought I was the only one that felt that way! I'm sure their lines will be addressed before too long but I feel her posture helps generate that
speed. It will be interesting to see how they develop.
Her brother on the other hand has lovely posture, I noticed it even last year. He is a couple of years older so maybe that helps. I think compared to last year, she's also improved a bit. Sometimes it's just the way they're built though - e.g. I always found Madison Chock stiff-looking although I'm sure she has worked on her lines to the best of her ability.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
For me the Koreans' Free Dance was light years ahead in terms of choreography, mood setting, story telling, interpretation of music and performance. Light years ahead!

As for speed, well as Marina Anisina said in response to Barbara Fusar-Poli in 2002:
"It's Ice Dance not Downhill Skiing!"