2022 JGP Riga Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Riga Cup Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watch out though...when it comes to pirates things are often rated "RRRRRRR" ;)

I'll see myself out :p

long-john-silver-john-silver.gif

CaroLiza_fan

Sackie

Medalist
Wow the USA Judge really had a hate on for the CAN team. PCS was more then 2 points lower then the other judges. And where the CAN team got +2 and 3 GOE the USA judge gave -1!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Absolutely loved that!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

First time I've seen Ashlie doing sultry, and I have to admit I felt a bit uncomfortable, given that she is so young. But, the tango is that sort of dance, so you have to.

Part of the thing that is so likable about them is the fun factor. So, it is good to see that is still there.

Congratulations to Pippa on her wedding at the weekend.

Lovely reaction from all of them to the scores. But particularly Ashlie.

Into 8th, in a tight group where 5th to 9th is covered by less than 5 points.

So, there is plenty of potential to move up in the FD.

You guys did @La Rhumba proud.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
You felt uncomfortable? I had the brief to "make Ashlie look a bit older"! Which is a double-edged sword with a naturally beautiful but young-looking, 13 year old. I think I got the dress right.

So, so, so proud of them right now.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You felt uncomfortable? I had the brief to "make Ashlie look a bit older"! Which is a double-edged sword with a naturally beautiful but young-looking, 13 year old. I think I got the dress right.

Don't get me wrong, the dress is absolutely beautiful. And you definitely succeeded in your brief.

It's just that I'm used to thinking of Ashlie as a wee girl. It takes time to get used to the idea that she is growing up. Hey, it's a familiar experience - it's happened with every skater that I started following when they were a youngster! :laugh:

"A naturally beautiful but young-looking 13 year old" - that is a spot on description.

By the way, I commented during the Warm-Up that I thought Ashlie had grown a lot since I last saw them. Is that correct? I know she's not as tall as Atl yet, but she does seem a good bit taller than I remember.

So, so, so proud of them right now.

I think we all are. They were a delight! :)

Really looking forward to seeing their Free. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch LIVE (too much motorsports on this weekend), but when I start catching up, I will do the Free Dance first. Because I am really keen to find out how they get on.

You know, we may have lost Sasha and George, but British Junior Ice Dance is looking very strong at the moment.

And I couldn't be happier. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Detailed scores

US judge (Danielle Rey) ranked Gauthier/Thieren 8th (10th in PCS). She would have came out of a score of 52.03 for G/T. The lowest from the other 8 judges was 63.67

PCS lead:
Gauthier/Thieren: Bulgarian, Estonian and Ukrainian judges
Grimm/Savitsky: Italian, USA; Australian and French judges
Pham/Rogers: Canadian judge

Quite big range also for the Georgian couple with Ukrainian judge not liking them (48.65) and Australian judge loving them (62.05). Skating skills ranged from 4.75 to 7.0

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Quite big range also for the Georgian couple with Ukrainian judge not liking them (48.65) and Australian judge loving them (62.05).
Will that go against anti-bias rules? I thought if a judge’s mark were consistently way out of the range, they get investigated? This seems a huge difference.

And overall, the protocol looks all over the place for 1-10 couples. 🤷‍♀️

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Just finished watching, and that US judge putting Gautier/Thieren into 7/10 is not even computing.
But I am pretty happy to see 2 high placements for Germany, because Germany doesn’t really do well… and, like, why?

Andrea82

Medalist
Will that go against anti-bias rules? I thought if a judge’s mark were consistently way out of the range, they get investigated? This seems a huge difference.

And overall, the protocol looks all over the place for 1-10 couples. 🤷‍♀️
Their GOEs are different but not so extreme. They all fall within the accepted range (not less than 2 points difference compared to panel's average).

Their PCS are very different
For this season, they are not using the corridor in PCS for assessment because of new Components having been introduced.

However, both judges would "stay" in the corridor because it is computed versus the average score of the panel. So there is a huge gap between them but not so much between each of them and the average.
If I've imported the marks correctly into excel, their deviation from the average for the Georgian couple is
-2.58 for the Ukraine judge
+3.16 for the Australian judge
The allowed total deviation is 4.5.

On the other hand, the American judge would be out of the 4.5 total deviation for G/T. Her -1 on Twizzles is also out of the range (all other judges have +2 or +3).

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Don't get me wrong, the dress is absolutely beautiful. And you definitely succeeded in your brief.

It's just that I'm used to thinking of Ashlie as a wee girl. It takes time to get used to the idea that she is growing up. Hey, it's a familiar experience - it's happened with every skater that I started following when they were a youngster! :laugh:

"A naturally beautiful but young-looking 13 year old" - that is a spot on description.

By the way, I commented during the Warm-Up that I thought Ashlie had grown a lot since I last saw them. Is that correct? I know she's not as tall as Atl yet, but she does seem a good bit taller than I remember.

I think we all are. They were a delight! :)

Really looking forward to seeing their Free. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch LIVE (too much motorsports on this weekend), but when I start catching up, I will do the Free Dance first. Because I am really keen to find out how they get on.

You know, we may have lost Sasha and George, but British Junior Ice Dance is looking very strong at the moment.

And I couldn't be happier. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
I can't tell you whether Ashlie has grown, because so far I've only met her the once, when she and Atl came to try on the toiles of their RD costumes! I was approached by Atl at a very late stage and there was no time for multiple fittings, just the basic designs and one meeting/fitting to check the basic dress and bodysuit/trouser designs and sizes. (I don't normally make for children, so I insisted on that!) What I can confirm is that Atl is very tall indeed and that they are both absolutely delightful so I was more than happy to be able to help them on their journey.

I can barely wait for the Free! I'm blown away by their poise and talent. British Junior Ice Dance is looking very good indeed! I honestly never thought I'd find myself glued to Junior anything but I'm loving it.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Their GOEs are different but not so extreme. They all fall within the accepted range (not less than 2 points difference compared to panel's average).

Their PCS are very different
For this season, they are not using the corridor in PCS for assessment because of new Components having been introduced.

However, both judges would "stay" in the corridor because it is computed versus the average score of the panel. So there is a huge gap between them but not so much between each of them and the average.
If I've imported the marks correctly into excel, their deviation from the average for the Georgian couple is
-2.58 for the Ukraine judge
+3.16 for the Australian judge
The allowed total deviation is 4.5.

On the other hand, the American judge would be out of the 4.5 total deviation for G/T. Her -1 on Twizzles is also out of the range (all other judges have +2 or +3).
The American judges’ marks indeed looked the most out of whack.