2022 John Nicks Pairs Challenge | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 John Nicks Pairs Challenge

yesterday

Record Breaker
Schaller/Mayr WD as well - but here it really says WD in the list at least.
Wonder if the Italians will also WD so they can have an all-American tournament

edit: nope, they skated and are in the lead :) 62.08

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Ghilardi/Ambrosini won both SP and FS. 180.47 overall. Problems in the jumping passes in the FS. Twist (their twist is often problematic) has GOEs all over the place (-2, -2, -1, +3, +2).
Chan/Howe are second (174.09). They got a time violation (-2 deducation). Issues on the solo SBS jump and in the final lift.
Plazas/Fernandez advanced to 3rd.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Does anyone have any insight into why Tilda and Gab were disqualified?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any insight into why Tilda and Gab were disqualified?
As Tilda doesn't have Canadian citizenship (as far as I know), she would have to reside in Canada for at least a year to represent Canada at international competitions. Tilda first arrived in Canada in October of last year (based on her IG posts), so she'd still have a month to go to fulfill this specific requirement.

Andrea82

Medalist
As Tilda doesn't have Canadian citizenship (as far as I know), she would have to reside in Canada for at least a year to represent Canada at international competitions. Tilda first arrived in Canada in October of last year (based on her IG posts), so she'd still have a month to go to fulfill this specific requirement.

This rule applies for Single. For Pairs (and Ice Dance) it is enough one of the two skaters fulfills it.
Rule 109. Point 2a and 2b. Page 114.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
So we still have no clue. Personally I thought she had the intention of representing Sweden as they have only one senior pair. But I guess I was wong.