2022 Junior World's Championships: Rhythm Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World's Championships: Rhythm Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ok, gonna go back and watch some of what I missed, not sure if I’ll be around for Pairs.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ditto. And I would have had the Canadians in reverse order of placement.

And... even if the top Americans had not had a disaster, I think I would have preferred the Browns anyway.
And yet the US judges/Fed do/does not seem too hot on them.

readernick

Medalist
And yet the US judges/Fed do/does not seem too hot on them.
Huge fan of the Browns, ( my favorites) but I think their lack of success has come from mistakes and low levels in the past. Judges like their speed. That was probably the best RD they have ever skated.

Sad for W/C but as a long time fan of the Browns, I'm thrilled for them! They have quite a nice lead after the RD.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Omg! My alarm never went off and I turned on the stream just in time to see Katerina fall… I should’ve gone with my gut and put the Browns way higher in my predictions I guess…
I was glancing at the predictions a couple days ago and honestly I was surprised that most folks had them around 4th or 5th. Yes, their tech still has a way to go, but their performance ability is just off the charts, and that counts too.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I was glancing at the predictions a couple days ago and honestly I was surprised that most folks had them around 4th or 5th. Yes, their tech still has a way to go, but their performance ability is just off the charts, and that counts too.
I think people were probably just going by seasons bests scores, which definitely aren’t the whole picture, especially considering we didn’t have a JGPF this season. I’m also kicking myself for initially having the Cypriots in #3 and then second guessing myself and moving them out of position altogether!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I had the Browns in first. :biggrin: But of course, I just adore a combo of good skating quality and charisma off the charts, and the kids have it.

And Gage don't touch your hair. I loved long hair on men in the 60s/70s and never lost that love. Looks good to me. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For people playing the prediction game, it's often about potential scores based on season's bests. It is especially true with juniors as not everyone watches the JGP so they rely on stats.. Also, the Browns have not always been consistent. So it does explain why many put W/C and D/W in the top 2. Nothing very surprising there.. So if the top two teams were sort of locks until ice was slippery, where else do the other teams fit in?

The real surprise in this event (i haven't yet watched will do later) seem to be the German team. I don't think anyone had them that high.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the heck happened to W/C? They are 3 spots lower then they finished at Nationals against some of the top Senior teams in the world. I had them as solid favorites to win even if the Russian Juniors were here.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
What the heck happened to W/C? They are 3 spots lower then they finished at Nationals against some of the top Senior teams in the world. I had them as solid favorites to win even if the Russian Juniors were here.
Ice is slippery happened.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if they don't medal if they will stay Junior next season i doubt it since they competed as Seniors at Nationals. They should move up regardless of how they do here.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
W/C lost 6+ points due to getting basically 0 for the first set of twizzles. It will be hard for them to move up enough in the FD to medal.

But I doubt they will skate Junior next season, as they have already moved up to senior (6th at Sr Nationals) and competed senior at a Challenge event.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm so gutted for Wolfkostin and Chen. :( I love their RD so it was so disappointing. At the same time I am thrilled for the Browns! I feel like both teams were going full out and for the Browns it worked and paid off and for W&C it unfortunately did not. Those twizzles from the Browns were so great! The big surprise was the Germans! Great score and placement for them and she is still so young - they have loads of potential.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, the thrill of these Junior Worlds just continues. I am so impressed with the depth of the US Team. Brown and Brown are hot on the heels of becoming the new "Shib Sibs" I can't wait to see how Isabeau and Lindsay fair for our ladies but, this event is already a winner in my eyes.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
What is a “t” designation in the key points?
Error on the timing, so they got the key point but the timing of the steps to the beat didn't fit the requirements for the pattern.

Edit:
Per ISU communication 2393: “Timing”: meaning, “all Key Points Features are met but one or several Edges/Steps are not held for the required number of beats”

Last edited: