2022 MK John Wilson Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know on here what parking is like at the ice rink? I have my tickets but have yet to book a hotel, not sure whether to stay outside of town and drive in everyday or stay in the town centre and get public transport.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know on here what parking is like at the ice rink? I have my tickets but have yet to book a hotel, not sure whether to stay outside of town and drive in everyday or stay in the town centre and get public transport.
There is a lot of parking.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Any practice reports?
I was at all the practices except for the women. I am not knowledgeable on scoring/technical elements, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with most of the pairs teams, and many of the ice dance teams.

But here's a few things I noticed:
Koshiro Shimada's jumps looked better here than at Skate America
Graham Newberry looked stronger and more confident than at the Britannia Cup
Corey Circelli - beautiful lines and good jumps. He's very tall
Edward Appleby - markedly improved since Britannia Cup. Also tall! And his the most British name!
Shun Sato - excellent jumps and spins - I reckon he's a strong contender for gold
Roman Sadovsky - looked good today - no problems with the jumps
Deniss Vasiljevs - beautiful, beautiful skating. However, was popping a lot of the jumps and fell on a couple. He also seemed to be standing still taking time to mentally prep himself. I really hope he can overcome whatever the mental blocks are, because when he got the jumps today, they were excellent, and everything else (steps, spins, expression) was absolutely first class.
Daniel Grassl - some fabulous jumps, but also some falls. Expression looks better.
Morisi - looked less confident today with jumps.

Ice Dance - Guignard & Fabbri didn't appear for the practice!
Fear and Gibson looked amazing
Tashlerova and Taschler - some strong skating but also a couple of bobbles
Brown and Brown looked good.

Sightings of Scott Moir, Robin Cousins and Olivia Smart!

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
I was at all the practices except for the women. I am not knowledgeable on scoring/technical elements, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with most of the pairs teams, and many of the ice dance teams.

But here's a few things I noticed:
Koshiro Shimada's jumps looked better here than at Skate America
Graham Newberry looked stronger and more confident than at the Britannia Cup
Corey Circelli - beautiful lines and good jumps. He's very tall
Edward Appleby - markedly improved since Britannia Cup. Also tall! And his the most British name!
Shun Sato - excellent jumps and spins - I reckon he's a strong contender for gold
Roman Sadovsky - looked good today - no problems with the jumps
Deniss Vasiljevs - beautiful, beautiful skating. However, was popping a lot of the jumps and fell on a couple. He also seemed to be standing still taking time to mentally prep himself. I really hope he can overcome whatever the mental blocks are, because when he got the jumps today, they were excellent, and everything else (steps, spins, expression) was absolutely first class.
Daniel Grassl - some fabulous jumps, but also some falls. Expression looks better.
Morisi - looked less confident today with jumps.

Ice Dance - Guignard & Fabbri didn't appear for the practice!
Fear and Gibson looked amazing
Tashlerova and Taschler - some strong skating but also a couple of bobbles
Brown and Brown looked good.

Sightings of Scott Moir, Robin Cousins and Olivia Smart!
Thanks !!!!!

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Made it to Sheffield safe and sound only to realize that the venue restricts bag sizes!
from the FAQ section https://www.grandprix2022sheffield.com/schedule

"What’s allowed?
Each person can only bring one small bag, and it must not be bigger than A4 size:

• Height 297mm (11.7 inches)
  • Width 210mm (8.27 inches)
  • Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)

Please note: this means the overall bag size. Bags that are half full and folded over to reduce their size will not be accepted.
Liquids should not be brought into the venue. Anyone carrying bags that do not meet the criteria above WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. "

I don't have a bag this small so I might have to bring my beauty case instead 😩
If you see a crazy lady with a beauty bag that is me - come say hi!.

Also I hope hand sanitizer will be accepted because I have a hard time living without 😥

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Made it to Sheffield safe and sound only to realize that the venue restricts bag sizes!

"What’s allowed?
Each person can only bring one small bag, and it must not be bigger than A4 size:

Please note: this means the overall bag size. Bags that are half full and folded over to reduce their size will not be accepted.
Liquids should not be brought into the venue. Anyone carrying bags that do not meet the criteria above WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. "

Also I hope hand sanitizer will be accepted because I have a hard time living without 😥
Thanks for the info, I think I might need to find a smaller bag.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

"What’s allowed?

This is the only one I found on Amazon that is close to these measurements.. slightly smaller..

Rhino Valley Clear Crossbody Bag Stadium Approved, See Through Clear Purse Handbags with Adjustable Strap, Transparent Waterproof PVC Messenger Shoulder Bag for Women Work Sport Concert, Clear
https://a.co/d/endoIiW

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the only one I found on Amazon that is close to these measurements.. slightly smaller..

Rhino Valley Clear Crossbody Bag Stadium Approved, See Through Clear Purse Handbags with Adjustable Strap, Transparent Waterproof PVC Messenger Shoulder Bag for Women Work Sport Concert, Clear
https://a.co/d/endoIiW
I bought one like that for Skate America, only in pink. :)

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I ended up going to Poundland and buying a crossbody lunch bag .. for kids 😂 I flew from Ireland so didn’t have any alternatives but thanks for the Amazon link! good one for next time.

By the way hand sanitizer is allowed or at least they didn’t make a fuss about it

yesterday

Record Breaker
I ended up going to Poundland and buying a crossbody lunch bag .. for kids 😂 I flew from Ireland so didn’t have any alternatives but thanks for the Amazon link! good one for next time.

By the way hand sanitizer is allowed or at least they didn’t make a fuss about it
It's okay as long as you don't drink it probably :biggrin:

gleungc6

On the Ice
Somebody mentioned it before, and I will agree, that there is a LOT of girls aloud being played at practice… and im loving it

amanda b

Rinkside
Thanks for the info, I think I might need to find a smaller bag.
I hadn't known this until I read the thread - I went in with a backpack, containing a big bag of knitting and wasn't stopped! The only thing they wouldn't let me take in was a metal water bottle. Given that many people took rugs etc, setting a bag size of A4 seems ridiculous. And as someone else has said, what's with all the empty seats - when I booked for a day ticket I had very seat few options in block 10 (and only 3 block available for day ticket booking) yet most of the seats in Block 10 (along with several blocks behind the judges) were empty for the entire weekend.