2022 Olympic Team Event discussion and predictions | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympic Team Event discussion and predictions

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I don't think that Alicon will get citizenship. And their other team isn't very strong.
Hm, that might indeed help. And people are discussing how Sweden might give up its men and women singles spots, so Italy might actually qualify all four disciplines. (Sweden's Majorov withdrawing would mean Turkey gets a spot in Men's singles)

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
We currently have 10 teams qualified for the Team Event: CAN, CHN, CZE, GEO, GER, ITA, JPN, ROC, UKR, USA
Israel and Korea need to qualify their ice dance team to make the cut. Korea needs to move up 1 spot and Israel 2 in order for their ID team to be sent to the Olympics

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Looking at the SD standings, it looks difficult for Korea and Israel. I think it means the Czech Republic and Georgia will both qualify four disciplines.

Andrea82

Medalist
I don't think that Alicon will get citizenship. And their other team isn't very strong.
But the other team has the minimum TES. So they can send them. Like last time Israel sent a week dance team rather than Isabella Tobias/Tkachenko.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Israel isn't really in the running. The Koreans have a shot.
I don't think it's possible for either. Georgia is the better team there, so they will probably beat them (and I also want to see them more). Will be funny if Korea qualifies though, because then we get to see whom the KSU send for Pairs lol.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Georgia has all 4 disciplines in the OWG!

South Korea out of team contention. And the Czechs confirm their fourth discipline too.

The teams in contention are:

Russia
USA
Canada
Japan
Italy
China
Georgia
Germany
Czech Republic
Ukraine

With a minimum of 3 disciplines qualified. And Russia, USA, Canada, Japan, China, Georgia, and the Czech Republic all have 4 disciplines qualified!

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Georgia has all 4 disciplines in the OWG!

South Korea out of team contention. And the Czechs confirm their fourth discipline too.

The teams in contention are:

Russia
USA
Canada
Japan
Italy
China
Georgia
Germany
Czech Republic
Ukraine

With a minimum of 3 disciplines qualified. And Russia, USA, Canada, Japan, China, Georgia, and the Czech Republic all have 4 disciplines qualified!

So the additional quotas should be used for Italian woman, German man and Ukrainian pair

Ziotic

Medalist
So Japan is looking pretty solid for that bronze, or maybe even silver depending on if Nathan skates both programs.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So Japan is looking pretty solid for that bronze, or maybe even silver depending on if Nathan skates both programs.
Zhou versus Kagiyama or Uno in the free skate I don't think would be the potential difference-maker there, that'd be the margins between the pairs and maybe the women.

Tahuu

On the Ice
With their improved pairs, Japan has a chance to complete with US for the team silver. Coupled with Alysa’s no contest to the Russian and Japanese women and the uncertainty of Bradie’s shape, US could lose the silver.

Ziotic

Medalist
Zhou versus Kagiyama or Uno in the free skate I don't think would be the potential difference-maker there, that'd be the margins between the pairs and maybe the women.
I mean everyone has their days. Japan, Russia(Kolyada), and Canada(Messing) could all beat Zhou on any given day. And US could be as low as 3rd in Dance, out of 5…that doesn’t leave much buffer for pairs and ladies.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I haven't been paying attention to the point system for countries to qualify, but Georgia is pretty much set as the 10th country right?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm starting to wonder if this is not quite so in the bag for the Russians as I once thought.

People are talking about the Japanese, but...

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that USA could win both phases of the men, both phases of the dance (remember that the French did not qualify for the team event, and the Russians may not want to risk the extra mileage for their top dance team, given his injury). If they can manage thirds in the women and pairs... again, not out of the realm of possibiity... then that's a pretty good outing.

I still think the Russians are favored, but this thing isn't a slam dunk by any stretch.