2022 Olympics Team Event: General Info | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event: General Info

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think with men's this was only due to the fact that the draw of the SP already happened.
it was a combo of various rules. Positive to covid 19 who had competed in the TE would not be subbed + draw had been done. Both rules could be applied

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Somewhere (I can’t remember where) I saw posted the rules about disqualification of an athlete from the team event and/or the individual event. Does anyone know where that could be found?

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
The incredibly popular panda mascot, Bing Dwen Dwen, was given to medalists prior to the medal ceremony at a different location. Karen Chen skated both programs for Team USA but I was expecting another US skater for the free skate. Luckily, figure skating is on non-satellite TV channels from 10 am to 2 pm.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
If you get disqualified from the competition for substance abuse, then you actually didn't skate the Team Event though, in terms of the actual standings. So...wouldn't that mean the disqualified person could be substituted for the individual event?

I was thinking before the Olympics that Kamila should be very careful about who she is around because there are people who would be jealous of her accomplishments. It reminds me a bit of Tonya-Nancy scandal and I think it could be a sabatoge attempt.

OMG, what a twist that would be.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
If you get disqualified from the competition for substance abuse, then you actually didn't skate the Team Event though, in terms of the actual standings. So...wouldn't that mean the disqualified person could be substituted for the individual event?
That's what I thought as well. But it will depend, if Russia is truly found guilty they might not be allowed to substitute just not to bring more questionable athetes from the country.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All I want is for the medal ceremony to happen eventually before the Olympics are over. And for everyone to get their medals. Is that something that will definitely happen?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
All I want is for the medal ceremony to happen eventually before the Olympics are over. And for everyone to get their medals. Is that something that will definitely happen?
I don't think the IOC itself knows yet. These processes can take a while, especially if there are appeals. It is always sad for the athletes concerned. Many athletes who have received medals after the games because of DQs have said the same "my moment was taken away from me". This is sad for anyone concerned, whatever may happen.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think the IOC itself knows yet. These processes can take a while, especially if there are appeals. It is always sad for the athletes concerned. Many athletes who have received medals after the games because of DQs have said the same "my moment was taken away from me". This is sad for anyone concerned, whatever may happen.
That’s so awful! I was so happy that Zhou, C/B, and H/D for well in the team event and now they’ll potentially be waiting for the results, which could be after the competition????? Now I’m hoping that C/B and H/D medal in the individual event.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
That’s so awful! I was so happy that Zhou, C/B, and H/D for well in the team event and now they’ll potentially be waiting for the results, which could be after the competition????? Now I’m hoping that C/B and H/D medal in the individual event.
I mean, they at least are sure to get a medal. So it's kina pointless to just wish them podium so they can get The medal ceremony. It is nice yes, but it would be worse if it was them potentionaly facing loss of a medal.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The one small bright spot in this is that perhaps Vincent will be allowed to participate in the medal ceremony, provided he's cleared corona-testing. I've read that he is listed for the gala, but I don't know if he's been cleared or if that is a case of wishful thinking.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the other thing is that usually, athletes are leaving right after their event... no idea what will be done in this case, but some men are maybe already on their way... it may be an incomplete team podium if it happens at a later date, or perhaps the IOC will ask all athletes concerned to remain on site.

mskater93

Record Breaker
the other thing is that usually, athletes are leaving right after their event... no idea what will be done in this case, but some men are maybe already on their way... it may be an incomplete team podium if it happens at a later date, or perhaps the IOC will ask all athletes concerned to remain on site.
At least US and JPN men's skaters will remain for the gala (Vincent, too!!)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The one small bright spot in this is that perhaps Vincent will be allowed to participate in the medal ceremony, provided he's cleared corona-testing. I've read that he is listed for the gala, but I don't know if he's been cleared or if that is a case of wishful thinking.
Know what? If the case is cleared by then, they should have the medal ceremony for the team event there!