2022 Russian Junior Nationals: Junior Men's SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Russian Junior Nationals: Junior Men's SP

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Speedy recovery to Gleb, but hell no! to the very idea of sending him without selection.

Adjusted predictions with his WD:

Kolesnikov
Yablokov
Dikidzhi
Popov
Fedorov
Kovalev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
They need to make the national team for the next season (at least reserve team) and be invited to the Test Skates
Oh, okay. He was on Novice NT last year and had a sub spot. So, probably no lower than 6th?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Oh, okay. He was on Novice NT last year and had a sub spot. So, probably no lower than 6th?
The roster of the team depends on the results of the RCF and Novices (older age) Nationals too. 6th place should be save to get a spot on the reserve imo.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The roster of the team depends on the results of the RCF and Novices (older age) Nationals too. 6th place should be save to get a spot on the reserve imo.
Fingers crossed then. Even without Lutfullin, above 6th would be pretty hard for him, but you never know :hap10:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The Lutfullin situation is really tricky. He could probably make his case for selection to JWC by winning the junior RCF. But there are two considerations against this. Firstly, depending on who else competes at the post-Olympic senior RCF, he could potentially place on the podium and aim for a spot on the senior national team. And secondly, there are not even two full weeks between RCF and JWC, so that would be cutting it very close. I am so sorry for Gleb, after the fantastic season he's had he would really deserve the chance to fight for a trip to JWC. :(

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don't think they'll give him the senior team. It's pointless because he has no chance to get senior GPs. I think main junior team is better than senior reserve.
Will Lutfullin will still be age-eligible for JWC in 2022/23?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Will Lutfullin will still be age-eligible for JWC in 2022/23?
2022/23 is the last junior-eligible season for Gleb. Honestly, I think he would have even bigger chance to medal at JWC next year. This time there're Ilya Malinin, Shun Sato and Kao Miura. I expect Malinin and Sato to compete at Senior WC next season. Moreover, Gleb will have time to work on his stamina.
I'm upset because I rly wanted to see his SP one more time. He has skated it clean only once so far.
I just hope it isn't his back again.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
2022/23 is the last junior-eligible season for Gleb. Honestly, I think he would have even bigger chance to medal at JWC next year. This time there're Ilya Malinin, Shun Sato and Kao Miura. I expect Malinin and Sato to compete at Senior WC next season. Moreover, Gleb will have time to work on his stamina.
I'm upset because I rly wanted to see his SP one more time. He has skated it clean only once so far.
I just hope it isn't his back again.
Yes, after they said Sato is coming and after seeing Malinin at US Nationals, it’s pretty stacked men’s field, but that’s what you get for 2 years backlog and men maxing out closer to the age cut off… basically, the last flight will be senior men, not juniors.