2022 Skate America Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Pairs Short Program

mrrice

Record Breaker
Speaking of K/F have we seen their LP yet this season? The scores are so close that the free program will decide the winner.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is an absolute fact!!! They ruin the mood of a program by constantly talking.
It was worth the $10 bucks to Peacock just to not have to listen to them...In fact, if any station offered to take my money for a Jt FILTER, I would have paid $20 a month

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well dang, I'm judging myself a bit because I could have watched this live! It was only 10:30am when it started here in Aus!

Ah well, I'm catching up now starting with the Crawfoords...ah this song will always remind me of the Shibs. Also if I was skating to this music I'd be so tempted to do mime a little tear streaming down my cheek, but the judges would probably think I'm being sarcastic :laugh2:

In other news, lots of new contenders in the pairs now, I don't think I know any of them except Alexa and Brandon! Although the Crawfoords sound vaguely familiar to me, were they at Worlds?

Oh hey All Right Now this is great music! And these Kelly-Ann and Loucas are pretty good! Nice elements! :)

I sense a Spanish themed program coming up! Love me a cumberbund. Interesting to see a second brother and sister pair, imagine trusting your bro enough to throw you in the air :laugh2: Starting off with a step sequence is super interesting! Nice innovation! Well I enjoyed the Mokhovs! In other news I'm curious but never remembered to ask, what do they call those little moves they do before going into the twist? Does it have a special name?

Right I've been told to watch for Valentina and Maximiliano so I'm looking forward to them. Also Maximiliano is a cool name. Hooray! A level 4 twist, it's been a while since I've seen one. Shame about the jumps, but ooo nice entry and exit from the Death Spiral! Good spins too, they are indeed very promising @Lamente Ariane :biggrin: Although did someone throw them an orange :laugh2:?

Oh yeah I remember Deanne and Maxime too.

OMG, is the Rink DJ playing Wipeout?! Have a care dude! Or maybe it's a remix...

Hey Robin S! He's back :biggrin: I haven't seen him for aaaages, did he disappear somewhere or was I just being extremely unobservant? THe German team did well, so that was good to see. Except they skated to In the Air Tonight? Well I didn't recognise it at all! They are in lead though.

Italians! But aww they had a rough time of it. I like her dress though and I don't hate La La Land so I shan't complain. Ha ha for a second there I thought their coach was Jean Luc Baker, they've got the same teeth.

Deanna and Maxime are doing a Tango! I can hear the groans, but you know me, I love a tango! And wow Deanna is almost 40? You go, girl! Land those jumps and throws! And all green boxes! That was really good! Enough to get a "gauntlet thrown" :laugh2:

Alexa and Brandon had a good skate, I liked Deanna and Maxime more, but apparently this is their first time doing that program in competition so it'll probably get better in future. I liked the opening choreo :) The throw triple flip was awesome!

Right, it's nearly 4pm here in Aus so I need to get ready to go to church, congrats to all the teams today!

(Note to self, set an alarm on phone for the events tomorrow so I don't miss them!)

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well dang, I'm judging myself a bit because I could have watched this live! It was only 10:30am when it started here in Aus!

Ah well, I'm catching up now starting with the Crawfoords...ah this song will always remind me of the Shibs. Also if I was skating to this music I'd be so tempted to do mime a little tear streaming down my cheek, but the judges would probably think I'm being sarcastic :laugh2:

In other news, lots of new contenders in the pairs now, I don't think I know any of them except Alexa and Brandon! Although the Crawfoords sound vaguely familiar to me, were they at Worlds?

Oh hey All Right Now this is great music! And these Kelly-Ann and Loucas are pretty good! Nice elements! :)

I sense a Spanish themed program coming up! Love me a cumberbund. Interesting to see a second brother and sister pair, imagine trusting your bro enough to throw you in the air :laugh2: Starting off with a step sequence is super interesting! Nice innovation! Well I enjoyed the Mokhovs! In other news I'm curious but never remembered to ask, what do they call those little moves they do before going into the twist? Does it have a special name?

Right I've been told to watch for Valentina and Maximiliano so I'm looking forward to them. Also Maximiliano is a cool name. Hooray! A level 4 twist, it's been a while since I've seen one. Shame about the jumps, but ooo nice entry and exit from the Death Spiral! Good spins too, they are indeed very promising @Lamente Ariane :biggrin: Although did someone throw them an orange :laugh2:?

Oh yeah I remember Deanne and Maxime too.

OMG, is the Rink DJ playing Wipeout?! Have a care dude! Or maybe it's a remix...

Hey Robin S! He's back :biggrin: I haven't seen him for aaaages, did he disappear somewhere or was I just being extremely unobservant? THe German team did well, so that was good to see. Except they skated to In the Air Tonight? Well I didn't recognise it at all! They are in lead though.

Italians! But aww they had a rough time of it. I like her dress though and I don't hate La La Land so I shan't complain. Ha ha for a second there I thought their coach was Jean Luc Baker, they've got the same teeth.

Deanna and Maxime are doing a Tango! I can hear the groans, but you know me, I love a tango! And wow Deanna is almost 40? You go, girl! Land those jumps and throws! And all green boxes! That was really good! Enough to get a "gauntlet thrown" :laugh2:

Alexa and Brandon had a good skate, I liked Deanna and Maxime more, but apparently this is their first time doing that program in competition so it'll probably get better in future. I liked the opening choreo :) The throw triple flip was awesome!

Right, it's nearly 4pm here in Aus so I need to get ready to go to church, congrats to all the teams today!

(Note to self, set an alarm on phone for the events tomorrow so I don't miss them!)
Love your recap of the Pairs SP! Here is a little bit of a "feel good" story about the Crafoords. They were off the ice for a year because Greta broke her kneecap :eek::eek::eek:. She had several surgeries and a long rehab from that awful injury. They have only been training for about 6 weeks and I thought it was amazing that they did so well. It was really heartwarming to watch and then I realized why they might have chosen the music "Fix You". Hope you are able to watch more live!

I couldn't remember where I saw the info on the Crafoords but I found it here:

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
... K/F needs at least better costumes... These costumes are too busy and distracting. Oh, it was too much for me- music and costumes do not go hand to hand... Though, technically they were the best.
Happy for Canadians! They were fabulous.
I agree that Alexa’s costume was probably the least attractive thing I’ve seen her wear. And Brandon should have gray, not black, pants with that top.

Think maybe the costume designer was a bit asleep at the switch with this set. I’m sure she will look stunning today!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just popping in live from Norwood to say that our friend @4everchan did not exaggerate as to M. Deschamps’ appeal. It’s nice to see a grown man on the ice once in a while, if you take my meaning. Among other things, he has what I’d describe as a “come hither” smile :)
My 25 year old niece liked him the best by a long shot.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... K/F needs at least better costumes... These costumes are too busy and distracting. Oh, it was too much for me- music and costumes do not go hand to hand... Though, technically they were the best.
Happy for Canadians! They were fabulous.
I agree in principle ... but it's interesting that technically, K/F were only six hundredths of a point ahead of S/D. K/F got their 2 point lead because of reputation points, IMO. the FS will really be interesting. I like that someone (two, actually) have thrown down the gauntlet and stepped up to compete with Alexa and Brandon. I'm really, really happy that those someones are Deanna and Maxime!❤️ they have earned their position by improving step by step over the last 3 years.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/goto/post?id=3030215

Adding my thank you. That is a superb article, communicating so much of Valentina and Maximilius' personalities, characters, and journey.

I would love to see a comprehensive article like that on all our pairs.

ETA: I just scrolled up to see the writer ... and No Wonder it's so good. It's by @clairecloutier !!

Last edited: