2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK,OK! I loaded up proton and am using the free (slow)version and I am using the NL number 1. I went to youtube ISU and the ads are in dutch so maybe its working. It, Proton, says my download speed is only 500K but the ISU JPG looks great. the high speed version is $5 a month. Next question is...do we know if there will be replays on ISU? If there is, this is the cats meow! Thanks to moonvine.

auser

Record Breaker
I have had little interest in FS since mid-Olympics, (not just because of the absence of so many top-level skaters due to various reasons, but mostly because of some stupid Asian BL TV series obsession, :drama:

but I still have a Eurosport subscription, so checked out their schedule.
Looks like it’s a typical Skate America, i.e. night-time in Europe, meaning no live broadcasts (at least not in the Netherlands), but as always, there are livestreams of all events, plus viewable as archived streams later on.

I prefer streams over TV broadcasts and prefer the Eurosport streams over the youtube streams (which are accessible without VPN for us, too), as the Eurosport streams have optional audio commentary in various languages… but also the option to not have to listen to any talky people at all. :bow:

Edit to add: I never need them for FS, but having a trusty VPN at your side (NordVPN for me) is always a good idea in this day and age. Free VPNs are not trusty, there are reasons they are free and those are never good for the user.
Thanks for the tip @Winnie_20 that I may be able to use VPN with Netherlands server to watch the ISU stream. :thank:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I suppose ISU stream will be archived? My fandom line is I sleep between 00.00-05.00 even there is FS and this time I am not able to watch anyway before Sunday afternoon. It is geoblocked here because of VIASAT (it is 39.90 € / month, don't want to pay it just because of FS) but I use VPN through Montreal or Singapore.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I also hope the ISU steam is going to be available after the event and I think it was last year?
Why is the men's event so late in the evening? If it was in the afternoon, people in Europe would still be able to watch it, but alas...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
French CBC

(VPN needed for Canada)

If there is commentary in English from English CBC... and you don't like it... sometimes there is commentary in French or none at all because they didn't bother as it will not be shown on French TV...

Or, if you find one of the stream lagging... Always good to have another option.

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
In UK, does anyone know where Skate America is being broadcasted? I checked the Eurosport schedule, and I can't see it. And as for the youtube broadcasting schedule, it does not seem to be featured in ISU page where I am. Anyone have any idea here?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I also hope the ISU steam is going to be available after the event and I think it was last year?
Why is the men's event so late in the evening? If it was in the afternoon, people in Europe would still be able to watch it, but alas...
NBC May want the event to be broadcast n prime time on the Pacific coast.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In UK, does anyone know where Skate America is being broadcasted? I checked the Eurosport schedule, and I can't see it. And as for the youtube broadcasting schedule, it does not seem to be featured in ISU page where I am. Anyone have any idea here?

It's just on the Eurosport Player / Discovery+. Eurosport haven't had LIVE coverage of the North American events on their linear channels for a few years now, presumably because it extends into the middle of the night.

Today's action at the Trophée Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur has just started on Vimeo. But, during the half-hour gap between the Senior Men's SP and Senior Pairs SP this afternoon, I'll make out a schedule for the Eurosport coverage and paste it into this post.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

🇬🇧 British Eurosport (All times BST)

Saturday 22nd October 2022
PLAY 00:18 – 01:43 Pairs Short LIVE
PLAY 01:43 – 03:25 Men’s Short LIVE
PLAY 19:35 – 21:13 Short Dance LIVE
PLAY 21:13 – 22:55 Ladies Short LIVE

Sunday 23rd October 2022
PLAY 00:10 – 01:55 Pairs Free LIVE
PLAY 01:55 – 04:25 Men’s Free LIVE
PLAY 18:03 – 19:53 Free Dance LIVE
PLAY 19:53 – 22:25 Ladies Free LIVE

Monday 24th October 2022
PLAY 00:00 – 02:50 Gala Exhibition LIVE

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI if you havent run Peacock for awhile, the entire sports interface has changed since last season. My TV/RoKu/Peacock wasnt happy when it updated for two minutes....but finally I had the new version of Peacock sports running....easiest to just go to Sports/live and up coming and there is the event that is next.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I suppose ISU stream will be archived? My fandom line is I sleep between 00.00-05.00 even there is FS and this time I am not able to watch anyway before Sunday afternoon. It is geoblocked here because of VIASAT (it is 39.90 € / month, don't want to pay it just because of FS) but I use VPN through Montreal or Singapore.
We all are hoping for archived GP events. My VPN is set for the Neatherlands. Youtube commercials are so funny in Dutch.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It is archieved at least now. I have time to watch some pairs before I must go on the road again.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I think it might be on Eurosport player on Prime but you’d need to pay £7 for a monthly subscription. I did a search though and couldn’t see all the events listed but I don’t have a subscription for it so not sure if more events show up if you are subscribed. You can’t see the events on the ISU youtube site because they are geoblocked. I’m going to use a VPN to watch on YouTube. I tested it yesterday and I can see all the streams on ISU YouTube when I set my VPN to Brazil. I have express VPN which I pay for but I highly recommend it as it makes it SO much easier to see all the events as Eurosport coverage is not great.

labgoat

Updating rewatches...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Videos archived as of 9am. I was able to download a copy. Links in the rewatch will work outside USA as long as the videos are available.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Videos archived as of 9am. I was able to download a copy. Links in the rewatch will work outside USA as long as the videos are available.
I am watching on Peacock and the stream has been ok except this morning watching the practice cam it got blurry and weird for a couple of minutes. What I really can't figure out is why Peacock is showing graphics that give the skater's name and then Team USA or Team Japan and so forth. This is not a team event! I have no idea what is on broadcast NBC or any of the USA, etc. channels because I don't have cable or satellite tv but wonder if they are doing the same thing.

I am happy that ISU is archiving videos. I may try getting a VPN after Skate America is over.