2022 Skate Canada Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Gala

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
to me, it looks like they are two different skaters with different skills and different tastes... which is how i feel when i watch them compete. not gelling.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is their second season with this.
I realize that. But her expressions were excellent even in their first year.

I usually find novelty numbers empty and boring. I even got tired of Javi's workout number after the second viewing. A lot of novelty numbers seem to be lots of concept and posing but little skating. This number at least has a fair amount of skating along with the weirdness.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
. ... and while we are not seeing much the Chinese skaters on the figure skating circuit , the speed skaters from China are skating in Montreal this weekend.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Piper and Paul from James Bond to Evita . Love love love !
You know what struck me watching that encore?
Costumes didn't matter - their utter commitment to those characters and music were just so very prominent there, even after the competition part. I feel that even if the FD is not 'there' yet, it's really showcasing their biggest strengths. Which, looking around at other teams, seems to be a huge asset this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You know what struck me watching that encore?
Costumes didn't matter - their utter commitment to those characters and music were just so very prominent there, even after the competition part. I feel that even if the FD is not 'there' yet, it's really showcasing their biggest strengths. Which, looking around at other teams, seems to be a huge asset this season.
I agree... no other team is able to draw the spectator in like Piper and Paul

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
slow day here... so i will watch a bit of this... maybe... i usually don't like galas but i want to see shoma and piper and paul
I hear you.
I dont know how many gala tickets I have sold or given away. Shoma put alot into his performance, though. To counter that, there was what possibly was the worst gala performance in history. Singing in the rain interupted.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The gala will be
30 October 2022
14:00-16:30 EDT (UTC -4)

The schedule says it will be on Canadian TV, but next Sunday?

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6
16:00 – 18:00 LOCAL
EXHIBITION GALA

And it should be on Skate Canada's Dailymotion page, perhaps live?

Or the ISU channel

So If you see it, tell us about it!
I dont know why I have such issues using the ISU youtube channel. I go to doris' link and I cant find the gala tonight so I watched DailyMotion:bang::bang::bang:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That was by far the best gala I have ever seen. Worth waiting an extra day. And the choreograhed finale was the icing on the cake! Beautifully done all. ❤️
It was exceptionally good. There was only a few low key stuff, the rest was fun.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I dont know why I have such issues using the ISU youtube channel. I go to doris' link and I cant find the gala tonight so I watched DailyMotion:bang::bang::bang:
BC you need a Euro VPN to watch it and for it to show up. Are you doing that?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BC you need a Euro VPN to watch it and for it to show up. Are you doing that?
Thank you. Yes, my friend MFarone has gently pulled my head out of where it was and yes, Doris' link is now working. By the way, when my internet download speed cooperates when the system is lightly loaded, using Proton Free, I still get 7 megs download speed with the Netherlands server in the loop and HD on Youtube, despite Proton saying its much lower. They want me to upgrade. Proton is worth it even if I didnt/couldnt use the higher speed. When My internet speed goes down to slightly above Morris code, at least with youtube I can chose a different quality. Ready for SkateFrance. Sacre Bleu!