2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone been able to view/print their tickets yet? I thought these were delayed until 8/31...
I haven't heard anything from the person I bought tickets from (and I've bought tickets from her before). That being said, I wonder if the Labour Day holiday on the 5th is what's causing this delay. Perhaps we'll be able to get our tickets on the 6th?

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Important info for international travelers:

Anyone entering Canada must have the ArriveCAN app downloaded onto their smartphone. One has to enter their travel information and Covid vaccination information into it (among other things) within 72 hours before boarding their flight to Canada. Sadly, I don't think there's an option for people who don’t use smartphones...

Edit: Canada is also currently doing random Covid testing on fully vaccinated travelers (as well as mandatory testing before flying for unvaccinated travelers).
FYI: When I flew back to Canada from Australia, I saw ArriveCan paper forms were handed out to the seniors who don't have smart phones near the Air Canada counter. It just took longer time to process: a QR code was given to them after the information had been entered.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
FYI: When I flew back to Canada from Australia, I saw ArriveCan paper forms were handed out to the seniors who don't have smart phones near the Air Canada counter. It just took longer time to process: a QR code was given to them after the information had been entered.
Wow, that's real service! I wonder if it was Air Canada doing it or a service organization? The CBC had an article about libraries and small businesses on the US side of the land border that help people with ArriveCan for free or for a small service charge (like $5 to cover staff time). The Canadian border guards know where these places are and send people who show up at the border without their receipts to them. The problem with doing it at the border is the lack of wi-fi (or cell data?) at the border itself.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did get a response within a few days of sending the email...but the representative told me I had sent my question to the wrong email address. I then sent my question to the email address she indicated ([email protected]), but I haven't received any response from that email... 🤦‍♀️
Any answer on the gifts for skaters question? I wrote twice and never received an answer.

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any answer on the gifts for skaters question? I wrote twice and never received an answer.
Nope.

It seems that tickets are still being delayed for release too.

All I can do is be patient...:shrug:

I have found out about the Toronto CityPASS, though. It seems like a good deal if you want to see four or five of Toronto's most well-known tourist attractions.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Some news :

Canada MAY withdraw mandatory vaccination and covid aleatory testing in airports. The ArriveCan application may also be removed... just in time for Skate Canada

This is NOT final... just rumours leaked on the CBC news site.. .they are pretty accurate usually.. but until it's done...

Antigravity

Spectator
I did get a response within a few days of sending the email...but the representative told me I had sent my question to the wrong email address. I then sent my question to the email address she indicated ([email protected]), but I haven't received any response from that email... 🤦‍♀️

So at this point in time, I'm thinking more about gifts to give to fans than gifts to give to skaters. I wonder if you have any special fan gifts planned this year... ;)

Hi there! I also reached out to ticketmaster in regards to this extended ticket delay. They pretty much told me that I don't know how to print my tickets and that there is no delay. I copied them a screenshot where it clearly says there is a delay and now they wont answer... 😑. I am sure the delay will be lifted closer to the event. Their customer service is disappointing.

ChristineB

On the Ice
Hi there! I also reached out to ticketmaster in regards to this extended ticket delay. They pretty much told me that I don't know how to print my tickets and that there is no delay. I copied them a screenshot where it clearly says there is a delay and now they wont answer... 😑. I am sure the delay will be lifted closer to the event. Their customer service is disappointing.
I contacted Ticketmaster, as well, and they told me that the delay would be lifted 3 days before the event, but that the timing could also change and to keep checking!:O Skate Canada also told me that the delay would be lifted "soon," but did not provide any other info. Makes me nervous, since I'm flying up from NY for this event!

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I contacted Ticketmaster, as well, and they told me that the delay would be lifted 3 days before the event, but that the timing could also change and to keep checking!:O Skate Canada also told me that the delay would be lifted "soon," but did not provide any other info. Makes me nervous, since I'm flying up from NY for this event!
Three days before the event?!? If this is true, then Ticketmaster has done something incredibly stupid by not releasing tickets earlier. I like the sense of security I get from having tickets printed out and ready to go well before an event. Other events from Skate Canada (went to GPF '18, SCI '19) haven't been like this at all...could this delay possibly be pandemic-related? I hope not... I'll be flying there from California on the 25th, so I think I'll be able to print it out the day before that, but this is still annoying for any traveler wondering where they can find a printer...

ChristineB

On the Ice
Three days before the event?!? If this is true, then Ticketmaster has done something incredibly stupid by not releasing tickets earlier. I like the sense of security I get from having tickets printed out and ready to go well before an event. Other events from Skate Canada (went to GPF '18, SCI '19) haven't been like this at all...could this delay possibly be pandemic-related? I hope not... I'll be flying there from California on the 25th, so I think I'll be able to print it out the day before that, but this is still annoying for any traveler wondering where they can find a printer...
Let's hope that the Ticketmaster rep was WRONG and just giving us the worst case scenario! On a good note, did you see that Canada dropped all COVID travel restrictions? This should make it easier for those of us coming in from the US - no random airport tests!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's hope that the Ticketmaster rep was WRONG and just giving us the worst case scenario! On a good note, did you see that Canada dropped all COVID travel restrictions? This should make it easier for those of us coming in from the US - no random airport tests!
Just saw this info and was coming here to post the link. Sounds like we don't have to do the ArriveCan form anymore. I'm all for anything that will make entry easier! :cheer2:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/canad..._content=34A473D8-3DD6-11ED-8EED-97CD4744363C

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to this article, ArriveCAN can still be used to submit customs declarations before you arrive in Canada. Whether that's convenient or not depends on your perspective, I suppose.

DonnaR

On the Ice
I only ordered a ticket for the practice day, but I was able to print my tickets. If you go to the email you received when you purchased tickets, click on the "View Order Details" button which will bring you to your Ticketmaster account. You should then be able to either print your tickets or use the mobile version.

ChristineB

On the Ice
I only ordered a ticket for the practice day, but I was able to print my tickets. If you go to the email you received when you purchased tickets, click on the "View Order Details" button which will bring you to your Ticketmaster account. You should then be able to either print your tickets or use the mobile version.
Unfortunately, I think that may be for individual tickets only. I bought the full event package and still have a delivery delay message on mine.:(

DonnaR

On the Ice
Unfortunately, I think that may be for individual tickets only. I bought the full event package and still have a delivery delay message on mine.:(
I have bought full event package tickets before and I do seem to remember they aren't available until closer to the event. I'm not sure if they are waiting for the timing from Skate Canada or what the reason is.

Sackie

Medalist
At what point does Skate Canada have to fill the TBA spot? With some of the teams not showing up for their scheduled events yet is there any choices left?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm confused as to why people can't get their tickets. I purchased mine from someone who was selling hers on GS, and she sent me the link with the tickets immediately. I've blocked out some pertinent info, but here's one of the batch. I think she purchased really, really early. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Attachments

• 20220929_162649.jpg
    20220929_162649.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 54

ChristineB

On the Ice
I'm confused as to why people can't get their tickets. I purchased mine from someone who was selling hers on GS, and she sent me the link with the tickets immediately. I've blocked out some pertinent info, but here's one of the batch. I think she purchased really, really early. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.
I'm actually getting a bit concerned, now that you showed us this. I purchased my tickets within seconds of them going onsale, to ensure a good seat at all of the events. To this day, Ticketmaster still tells me that there is a delivery delay and Skate Canada also confirmed this with me. I'm not sure what is going on!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm actually getting a bit concerned, now that you showed us this. I purchased my tickets within seconds of them going onsale, to ensure a good seat at all of the events. To this day, Ticketmaster still tells me that there is a delivery delay and Skate Canada also confirmed this with me. I'm not sure what is going on!
I double checked. I bought my tickets on July 23, and the seller transferred them to me as soon as she received my Pay Pal transfer.