2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, their skills are very solid. And their FS is terrific—as is their Hawaiian/surfing themed exhibition.
I love their FD... I still won't put them on the podium...looking forward to seeing the competition. And let's be honest, Piper has improved tremendously over the years and Paul has always been a top class skater. They are not as technically sound as the Italians are... but who is?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So jealous of all of you at SCI this week - have a great time! I'm still recovering from SA, so I can't imagine attending two back to back live comps like @Arriba627 and others are! The east coast was blessed this time around.

I did go the venue for SCI in 2016 - a memory popped up in my FB feed of Yuzuru Hanyu in practice with all the fans watching his every move, lol.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
M/K and E/B apparently looking good in practice. Riku has tape on her right wrist, not sure if that's related to her shoulder injury in the summer or if it's just support for lifts. The men are apparently being very chaotic... lots of quads, pops, and "how did you save those" landings courtesy of Shoma and Keegan

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love their FD... I still won't put them on the podium...looking forward to seeing the competition. And let's be honest, Piper has improved tremendously over the years and Paul has always been a top class skater. They are not as technically sound as the Italians are... but who is?
I am putting Piper & Paul first in my predictions. They are still the strongest, most balanced team. I think Canada has an excellent group of dancers here.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’m worried sick about Rika. I’m not expecting her to do particularly well; I just don’t want her to hurt herself. I might chicken out of watching the women live.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Thanks for all the updates, everyone! Time difference is hideous, so I won't be watching live, but cheering on Riku and Ryuichi (has anyone been able to watch their Oprah-style interview with Tetsuko Kuroyanagi yesterday? I tried watching on TVer using a VPN set to Japan, but they still blocked me). I hear Shoma's jump landings are looking a bit ropey. Curious to find out how Kao does after a good showing in Skate America. All fingers and toes crossed for Rika - hope she does the best she can without aggravating her injury. And cheering for all the dancers - I can't pick a favourite!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for all the updates, everyone! Time difference is hideous, so I won't be watching live, but cheering on Riku and Ryuichi (has anyone been able to watch their Oprah-style interview with Tetsuko Kuroyanagi yesterday? I tried watching on TVer using a VPN set to Japan, but they still blocked me). I hear Shoma's jump landings are looking a bit ropey. Curious to find out how Kao does after a good showing in Skate America. All fingers and toes crossed for Rika - hope she does the best she can without aggravating her injury. And cheering for all the dancers - I can't pick a favourite!
I would agree about Shoma's landings, I am concerned that there might be a boot issue here. Kao looked like he was on fire, I think he'll do well here too! 🔥

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m worried sick about Rika. I’m not expecting her to do particularly well; I just don’t want her to hurt herself. I might chicken out of watching the women live.
I saw Rika’s warm up. Before this event, she only landed 2A, 3T, 3S, 3S 2T (best combo) at both regionals and Japan Open. Well, in practice, today, she landed a beautiful 3S 3T and has added the 3Lo to her repertoire now at SC 😜. So, she has a triple triple now. She is slowly getting better and better.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland