2022 U.S. Championships: Junior Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Junior Pairs Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris Knierim can probably make just about anything better.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used the ice resurfacing to file the adoption paperwork on Rivers/Chapman.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Braham / Tioumentsev, apparently they are both 13 years old, are they eligible for world juniors ?

readernick

Medalist
Braham / Tioumentsev, apparently they are both 13 years old, are they eligible for world juniors ?
She is 13. He is 20?. Which means they still have exactly one year of Junior eligibility after she is eligible and before he is too old. Having a small partner can make pairs elements very easy but I'm not sure it's a good long-term solution. She will grow.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Megan and Winter have had such a hard time. I hope they do well
Megan Wessenberg & Blake Eisenach didn't fare as well as they should have in the sp, but they made up for it in the fp, and ended up winning the pewter medal (pulling up to 4th from 7th). Kam/Meyh could have been a factor in placements, but they had to WD after the sp. Also, unexpectedly, Smith/Deng didn't compete well in the fp (after placing third in the sp) so that also impacted final results.

I notice that Megan has been wearing Jessica Calalang's former sp costume from earlier this season. It's cool having skating friends who loan/ share their costume. It famously happened with Marissa Castelli and Ashley Wagner some years ago.

elliana

On the Ice
How is Megan able to skate in juniors at 23? I thought the intl age limit was 19.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is Megan able to skate in juniors at 23? I thought the intl age limit was 19.
I donā€™t think she can skate as a Junior internationally. The US can do what it wants in National and local competitions. Winter is 21.