2022 U.S Nationals: Junior Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S Nationals: Junior Men's Free Skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holey Moley. My two new favorite Junior men (well 2 of the 3) with cleanish skates.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Flowing red hair, and opera—what’s not to like?

(well, that unfortunate fall, for one)

ETA: forget I said that. it’s—heavy metal opera! That genre is new to me.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It's sad that whoever? doesn't want us in another part of the world to watch this :(

Congrats to Kai, Will and Maxim :clap:

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
That was fantastic. Some mistakes, falls and pops, but what a treat to sit down with some popcorn while I was supposed to be working and watch the immensely bright future of US Men's skating. Bravo to ALL these young men who worked so hard during these past couple of pandemic-y years, made it to Nashville and showed so much talent and character.

skaket023

Rinkside
Really enjoyed this competition.

Being from Massachusetts I'm sorry Will A. did not skate his best, but Kai was so adorable and such a FAST rotator on the jumps!

That should hold him in good stead when it's time to do quads. Bravo.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Bummed for Jacob. 😭 With a 9th place finish will he get any JGPs for next year? Unless some of these guys go senior I doubt it which would leave him only getting summer comps, etc. If that. Maybe nothing unless Champ Series next fall. And he was inspired to skate from watching Jason Brown. That says a lot about him. Having said that I am really happy for Kai who did not look that special in the qualifying comps. And Joe being on the podium.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bummed for Jacob. 😭 With a 9th place finish will he get any JGPs for next year? Unless some of these guys go senior I doubt it which would leave him only getting summer comps, etc. If that. Maybe nothing unless Champ Series next fall. And he was inspired to skate from watching Jason Brown. That says a lot about him. Having said that I am really happy for Kai who did not look that special in the qualifying comps. And Joe being on the podium.
I’m really not sure how they pick JGP spots. For seniors a National comp would have no bearing on who gets picked for GP spots because it goes by world standing.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I’m really not sure how they pick JGP spots. For seniors a National comp would have no bearing on who gets picked for GP spots because it goes by world standing.
Ah ok. I hope the US fed or whoever makes the decision gives him a shot for at least one JGP. He needs the international experience and exposure.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah ok. I hope the US fed or whoever makes the decision gives him a shot for at least one JGP. He needs the international experience and exposure.
Hopefully someone can tell us how the spots are picked.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Some of it is related to summer comps (this summer) and people who are on the list of "to be watched" and scores. So, I guess, I'd say "it depends"