2022 U.S.Nationals: Junior Women's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S.Nationals: Junior Women's Free Skate

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ava had to fight too. Josephine was looking great until the second half. Up next is Mia - will she land her quads?

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Josephine looks better than earlier in the season; a shame about the fall but glad she finished strong. Looking forward to following her in the future

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hmm jumps shaky for Mia and were those quads rotated? Where will this place her?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Ouch, the tech panel was not feeling friendly to Mia... although the calls were fair. If you're going to be a tech-heavy skater like Mia, you need to be able to put out clean content even if the quads go wrong. It's a shame her spins are such a fight, because she has fantastic flexibility and they could be really stunning. Hopefully she'll develop into a well-rounded skater over the next quad, because she has loads of potential.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congrats to Clare! And to Ava and Josephine! And to Katie Shen for moving up from 8th to the pewter medal and 1st in the free! :hap10:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Didn't USFS have the top two novices skate here in junior? Were they Katie and Elyce? If so, pretty impressive.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes Katie, Elyce and Sonia Baram too were novices that scored the best in qualifying in order to skate here as juniors.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Katie won the FS and gets pewter. More on Mia later. Congrats to the podium.
I approve of that, especially since we know she will want to share that happy result with her absent friend Soho :) She did say in the KnC that she was skating for both of them.

Also liked Josephine! And Claire is talented, well deserved win, though I’ve seen her skate better than she did today. Though she’s a Korean-American, her skating reminds me a bit of the Japanese ladies.

Congrats to all!

Last edited: