2022 U S. Nationals: Junior Women's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 U S. Nationals: Junior Women's Short Program

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Looking at the lineup just now, I realize that I have seen Gwen Bloesch skate live, at a small regional competition some time ago. She impressed me, I will be looking forward to seeing her here! She’s from the same club as Isabeau Levito.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Good showing for the junior women. Mia is gonna need that quad if she wants to hop aboard the podium. I wonder what the ages of these skaters are. That's where the results page is so much better than this score page - up to date scores and bios of each skater.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Really happy for Claire! And I'm so happy for the two novice skaters that I loved while watching the qualifying series: Elyse and Katie Shen! And am also pleased for Ava and Mia and Josephine too. Good job!!

For bios/ages/programs, etc. the event program is now viewable and downloadable from the virtual fan experience page. This was a late add to the page as I was waiting for it and it wasn't there until yesterday! Here's a direct link:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mia got a L4 for her combo spin but all else L2. She needs to work on those. The sit spin was not that good. Also no plus GOE on her flip. Elyse was a big surprise. Her team is guiding her well.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Really happy for Claire! And I'm so happy for the two novice skaters that I loved while watching the qualifying series: Elyse and Katie Shen! And am also pleased for Ava and Mia and Josephine too. Good job!!

For bios/ages/programs, etc. the event program is now viewable and downloadable from the virtual fan experience page. This was a late add to the page as I was waiting for it and it wasn't there until yesterday! Here's a direct link:

Thanks! I do have some questions for the bios on this wonderful group of ladies....really enjoyed this. Watched it on demand as my internet is up for now. Good comp. Hope there is a comp in 2023 I can attend and watch them grow.
I noted that Rinako Oya reminded me of a young Mirai and has a Japanese speaking coach and they spoke Japanese in the K and C. Fun comp.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Got my program for when I can watch the Jr Ladies free! And if the major winter storm takes out my power tonight, can can watch Tara a Johnny at least.
program.jpg

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! I do have some questions for the bios on this wonderful group of ladies....really enjoyed this. Watched it on demand as my internet is up for now. Good comp. Hope there is a comp in 2023 I can attend and watch them grow.
I noted that Rinako Oya reminded me of a young Mirai and has a Japanese speaking coach and they spoke Japanese in the K and C. Fun comp.
You aren’t going to San Jose Nationals?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You aren’t going to San Jose Nationals?
Arena hotel has their rooms listed for $1,000 a night! I am trying to get ahold of a human being and make a reservation. I hope that is wrong. I am going to try and go. Right now, after listening to Brandon F, sick as a dog, talk about his covid today, I am really glad I am not at THIS nats. But yes, I want to try again and go to the next nats.
areana double queen.jpg

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Arena hotel has their rooms listed for $1,000 a night! I am trying to get ahold of a human being and make a reservation. I hope that is wrong. I am going to try and go. Right now, after listening to Brandon F, sick as a dog, talk about his covid today, I am really glad I am not at THIS nats. But yes, I want to try again and go to the next nats.
I was wondering if I would regret cancelling Nashville last week, but now I'm glad I did. I'm still fluey but not bad. I wouldn't have gotten on my plane this morning feeling like this. So I guess it's San Jose next year...hopefully.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
View attachment 4833
$1,000 a night? Oh Lord. Do I literally have to drive to California so I can get a cheap hotel elsewhere?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You saw Jr. skater Rinako Oya (Detroit Skating Club) with the lovely Yuka Sato in the K&C speaking Japanese. I believe Rinako replaced Ashley Leahy who w/d.