2022 US Nationals - Member Chat | Golden Skate

2022 US Nationals - Member Chat

Bonnie F

On the Ice
Is there an organizing committee website or email list so we can stay updated on the events leading up to Championships and know when to expect tickets to go on sale? I know for past championships I've been able to get emailed updates from the organizing committee. Thanks

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there an organizing committee website or email list so we can stay updated on the events leading up to Championships and know when to expect tickets to go on sale? I know for past championships I've been able to get emailed updates from the organizing committee. Thanks
I would love this info also.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Bonnie F @moonvine

AFAIK, there is no official website yet for the event. US Figure Skating has a page about the event which links to the press release from 2019. I would imagine that something would go up over the summer at the latest with more info. I think they are taking a wait and see approach with Covid and the vaccines.

If you really want to reach out to someone at USFS I think Bob Dunlop, Sr Director of Events is the right contact - [email protected]

Just to be safe, I reserved a room at the Nashville Holiday Inn Express which is about 4 blocks from the Bridgestone arena and seems reasonably priced compared with some other hotels close by. If it turns out there is no audience again or I cannot go, I can cancel without risk.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@Bonnie F @moonvine

AFAIK, there is no official website yet for the event. US Figure Skating has a page about the event which links to the press release from 2019. I would imagine that something would go up over the summer at the latest with more info. ...

All-event tickets go on sale on April 19, according to the USFS page at apgold's link. :thank:
(At noon ET.)
Scroll down to see all the information on that page, which includes prices and a link to the seating chart.

The USFS page also says:

Refund Policy:
If the event were to be canceled, Bridgestone Arena would automatically refund the purchase price to the original card used for purchase 10-14 days after the announced cancelation.​

Additional Help:

For help with tickets or other inquiries, please contact the Bridgestone Arena Box Office by calling (615) 770-2040 or by e-mail at [email protected].​

The 30-second video (dated Apr 9) that is embedded on the USFS page has graphics referring to 2022uschampionships.com -- but for now at least, the URL redirects to apgold's link.

... If you really want to reach out to someone at USFS I think Bob Dunlop, Sr Director of Events is the right contact - [email protected].

I hope that anyone with questions *first* will try contacting the Bridgestone Arena Box Office.

As a fan of Mr. Dunlop :bow:, I hope :pray: that he will not be inundated with questions that the box office would be able to answer.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@ice coverage thank you for the additional info. April 19th is not too far away, so I am surprised that the USFS has not sent out any emails yet.

Maybe they will this week.

Hooks1999

Spectator
Do the senior events usually happen Thursday through Sunday? I could probably get there Thursday morning/afternoon and I'd like to see all the senior events if possible.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do the senior events usually happen Thursday through Sunday? I could probably get there Thursday morning/afternoon and I'd like to see all the senior events if possible.
Yes. Just going from memory, Thursday had the short programs for 2 disciplines, Friday -- 2 short, Saturday free skate programs for 3 disciplines, and lately I think the men's free skate has been on Sunday. I remember the men's fs on Sunday, because that meant that the men were not able to be at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts (which are held on Sundays). The schedule changes sometimes due to TV coverage.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Yes. Just going from memory, Thursday had the short programs for 2 disciplines, Friday -- 2 short, Saturday free skate programs for 3 disciplines, and lately I think the men's free skate has been on Sunday. I remember the men's fs on Sunday, because that meant that the men were not able to be at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts (which are held on Sundays). The schedule changes sometimes due to TV coverage.

FWIW, in case helpful in reading tea leaves for 2022:

- At 2018 Nats in San Jose, Senior Free Dance was on Sunday afternoon and Senior Men's FS was on Saturday afternoon/evening local time.​
(And some men did attend the FOFS breakfast on Sunday morning.​
IIRC: The men selected for the Olympic team had received official word very late at night -- after Saturday midnight Pacific time -- before the public announcement early Sunday morning Eastern time.)​

Disclaimer that I do not know the schedule for 2022, but I wanted to mention 2018 because it also was an Olympic year.​
I agree with Arriba that Senior Men's FS otherwise typically has been on Sunday.​
- Senior Ladies FS has been on Friday for at least the last four years.​
Senior Men's SP has been on Saturday for the last three years.​

Agree with Arriba that Thursday has been the first day for Senior competition. [ETA (on Apr 12): Ooops, apgold pointed out below that it was Wednesday in 2018.]
Adding the bits above in case anyone has a special interest in a particular discipline/segment.

Schedules can be seen on results pages, such as:

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, according to the last three Nationals, all Senior events started on Thursday, but in 2018, Ladies SP was on Wed evening. I remember arriving at the SAP center to watch the Ladies SP but the arena wasn't even half full.

I made my reservation for Thurs-Mon so if I have to miss one of the senior short programs, I will. It's not worth the money to stay another night, IMO. Not saying that USFS will start the Senior Champs on Wed, but since that was the last qualifier for the Olympics, they may do that again. I think it also has to do with TV scheduling and NBC/Peacock when they decide the schedule.

Also, as I reread the page I posted, Championship Weekend ticket packages are not on sale on April 19th but sometime Spring 2021. I hope they are reasonably priced.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hmm, according to the last three Nationals, all Senior events started on Thursday, but in 2018, Ladies SP was on Wed evening. I remember arriving at the SAP center to watch the Ladies SP but the arena wasn't even half full. ...

Not saying that USFS will start the Senior Champs on Wed, but since that was the last qualifier for the Olympics, they may do that again. ...

Ohhh, thank you, apgold.
I totally had forgotten that part from 2018. (Have added your good point to my post above.)

ETA:

The marketing push has begun. NBC just aired a promo for Apr 19 start of ticket sales for 2022 Nats.​
Within the first half-hour of NBC's three-hour Worlds recap show.​

Last edited:

b-man

Final Flight
By the way, if you are a Friends of Figure Skating member, you can order tickets early, which I did today. The most expensive all session were around $1250, middle price 900+, least expensive $755.

temadd

Final Flight
By the way, if you are a Friends of Figure Skating member, you can order tickets early, which I did today. The most expensive all session were around $1250, middle price 900+, least expensive $755.
Is there a code? I am a FOFS but maybe I missed the email?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Like b-man, I got my ticket today. At 2pm, EST, we were all hitting refresh on our email...I got the code and link 2 minutes after....I made a mistake in the proceedure and had to start over but I did get a second row seat. I am old and get confused. Here are some hints:
1. Make sure you have a ticketmaster account and be logged into it. Once you chose a seat , you will have x amount of time to complete the transaction by clicking on the "basket".
2. Make sure that once you are in the site, you first enter the number of tickets you want. That was my mistake. I chose a seat and they gave me the default 2 tickets and I couldnt delete one. In a very short period of time, all the good seats were gone. I got the second row. Oh well.
If you buy before the 19th and are at the Red level, you can put in the secret squirrel code sent to you. Top screen center.
3. I had trouble scrolling around the arena...finally, I just clicked on a section and got to the part where I wanted to be and there were open seats in blue. It wasnt fun even on a desktop. Maybe it is me.
4. There is a slider at the top of the screen for price range. I just put it all the way over to the right to 1255. Maybe more seats would have appeared if I moved it over to the left to a lower price point. it wasnt fun. At Omaha, it was wonderful....zoom in and the seats appeared. Hover over the seat and the info appears....click on it and boom! Done. Not that friendly here. Just sayin'
5. Look at this seating chart. Appears odd, doesnt it? Look at all the places you could put 1255 seats that have nothing. This chart does not look like the website. Look at the google images of the interior of the arena...I wonder if they had to take a bunch of sections out to accomidate a skating setup??? I was told that the expesive seats were only two rows...of what, we dont know. Folding chairs? Who knows.
6. I and my friends are at the Holiday Inn express. $138 plus 15.5 percent pirate tax plus 2 bucks a day more pirate tax. If you dont mind driving, there are cheeper motels farther away. At my hotel to get that special rate, I had to agree to give up one night's cost if I canceled. And there is a $250 fee is I have to leave early.
7. Delta airlines, as I interpret the current rules, will let you cancel and get a credit you can use by April 15th, 2022 or Dec 31st 2022, depending on how you interpret their rule.
nash seating chart.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
One more hint: You will be asked how you want your tickets. USPS mail for $20 or USPS mobile for free. I took the free and called the arena. They said that I would have to download the Ticketmaster app to my fone and the tickets would appear on my smart phone.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Arriba! Am I going to see your lovely face at Nashville?

temadd

Final Flight
Like b-man, I got my ticket today. At 2pm, EST, we were all hitting refresh on our email...I got the code and link 2 minutes after....I made a mistake in the proceedure and had to start over but I did get a second row seat. I am old and get confused. Here are some hints:
1. Make sure you have a ticketmaster account and be logged into it. Once you chose a seat , you will have x amount of time to complete the transaction by clicking on the "basket".
2. Make sure that once you are in the site, you first enter the number of tickets you want. That was my mistake. I chose a seat and they gave me the default 2 tickets and I couldnt delete one. In a very short period of time, all the good seats were gone. I got the second row. Oh well.
If you buy before the 19th and are at the Red level, you can put in the secret squirrel code sent to you. Top screen center.
3. I had trouble scrolling around the arena...finally, I just clicked on a section and got to the part where I wanted to be and there were open seats in blue. It wasnt fun even on a desktop. Maybe it is me.
4. There is a slider at the top of the screen for price range. I just put it all the way over to the right to 1255. Maybe more seats would have appeared if I moved it over to the left to a lower price point. it wasnt fun. At Omaha, it was wonderful....zoom in and the seats appeared. Hover over the seat and the info appears....click on it and boom! Done. Not that friendly here. Just sayin'
5. Look at this seating chart. Appears odd, doesnt it? Look at all the places you could put 1255 seats that have nothing. This chart does not look like the website. Look at the google images of the interior of the arena...I wonder if they had to take a bunch of sections out to accomidate a skating setup??? I was told that the expesive seats were only two rows...of what, we dont know. Folding chairs? Who knows.
6. I and my friends are at the Holiday Inn express. $138 plus 15.5 percent pirate tax plus 2 bucks a day more pirate tax. If you dont mind driving, there are cheeper motels farther away. At my hotel to get that special rate, I had to agree to give up one night's cost if I canceled. And there is a $250 fee is I have to leave early.
7. Delta airlines, as I interpret the current rules, will let you cancel and get a credit you can use by April 15th, 2022 or Dec 31st 2022, depending on how you interpret their rule.
View attachment 3580
Thanks for all the info!