2022 US Nationals - Member Chat | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 US Nationals - Member Chat

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but—I’m on a mailing list for events at the Bridgestone Arena, where Nationals are being held, and they just sent out an email which gives me pause, given that I’ve already bought tickets. The Arena writes:

Effective Nov. 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue — including MercyMe on Nov. 14 — unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols announced Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville/Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission

Please tell me that USFS plans to require vaccinations/tests and masks. It occurs to me that I haven’t seen any information on the subject.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but—I’m on a mailing list for events at the Bridgestone Arena, where Nationals are being held, and they just sent out an email which gives me pause, given that I’ve already bought tickets. The Arena writes:

Effective Nov. 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue — including MercyMe on Nov. 14 — unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols announced Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville/Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission

Please tell me that USFS plans to require vaccinations/tests and masks. It occurs to me that I haven’t seen any information on the subject.
Did you ask Brent?

LadyMissG

Rinkside
I am selling my 2 all-event tickets for Nationals that I got during the USFS presale. I purchased 2 All-Event Tickets and they are located in section 109, row LL. I have an aisle seat and the one adjacent to it. I paid $755 each and am selling them at cost and am hoping they will go to a fan on here. They are mobile tickets and I can transfer them to someone through the arena's Ticketmaster portal once I receive payment (Paypal is probably best). Please let me know if you're interested! They're pretty good seats and include Juniors/Seniors plus warmups. They are available now for transfer. Thanks! Lisa :)

yuki@thelake

On the Ice

For the championship series, USFS requires everyone to wear masks. Athletes and spectators were not asked to show covid tests/vaccinations. I would think they'd follow the same health protocols.

They did require proof of Covid vaccinations + Covid tests 72 hours prior for the National High Performance camp in Nashville in August. Though that's for a smaller and more contained audience than the nationals

Skatingfan1

Rinkside
I am not completely sure how to figure who has made the cut for nationals. I realize there is 1 more event for championship series to finish. But I have a compiled a list of the current standing. I have read the criteria, how is it decide which section a skater is is from? Is it based on where they competed or where they train?

1​
Lindsay Thorngren, SC of New York168.521134.08202.601Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-30
2​
Gabriella Izzo, SC of Boston171.201122.49193.691Norwood, MA 11/8-11/13
3​
Gabriella Izzo, SC of Boston159.751123.32183.071Allen, TX 10/13- 10/17
4​
Starr Andrews, Los Angeles FSC170.102107.05177.151Blaine, Minnesota 10/4-10/8
5​
Gracie Gold, IceWorks SC167.491108.27175.761Alpharetta, GA 1/15-11/20
6​
Jill Heiner, Annapolis SC262.452110.17172.622Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-31
7​
Hanna Harrell, SC of Boston356.901114.61171.511Henderson, NV 11/10-11/16
8​
Rena Ikenishi, SC of New York460.233109.52169.753Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-32
9​
Rena Ikenishi, SC of New York256.412111.12167.532Norwood, MA 11/8-11/14
10​
Finley Hawk, ISC of Indianapolis358.133106.16164.292Blaine, Minnesota 10/4-10/9
11​
Alena Budko, Winterhawks FSC455.532108.42163.952Henderson, NV 11/10-11/17
12​
Gracie Gold, IceWorks SC360.775102.85163.624Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-33
13​
Wren Warne-Jacobsen, Go4Gold Shakopee Skating Academy450.471111.58162.053Blaine, Minnesota 10/4-10/10
14​
Jessica Lin, Dallas FSC254.011105.83159.841Fort Wayne, IN 11/2-11/5
15​
Lara Annunziata, IceWorks SC656.494103.07159.565Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-34
16​
Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC357.082100.43157.512Allen, TX 10/13- 10/18
17​
Isabelle Inthisone, Los Angeles FSC754.586102.83157.416Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-35
18​
Violeta Ushakova, SC of New York648.872107.45156.322Alpharetta, GA 1/15-11/21
19​
Maryn Pierce, Broadmoor SC258.15498.03156.183Allen, TX 10/13- 10/19
20​
Sierra Venetta, SC of San Francisco456.65597.24153.894Allen, TX 10/13- 10/20
21​
Maxine Marie Bautista, DuPage FSC258.84489.85148.694Blaine, Minnesota 10/4-10/11
22​
Paige Rydberg, Broadmoor SC748.62398.11146.735Allen, TX 10/13- 10/21
23​
Courtney Hicks, Broadmoor SC554.79691.42146.216Allen, TX 10/13- 10/22
24​
Ting Cui, Baltimore FSC449.47396.45145.923Alpharetta, GA 1/15-11/22
25​
Violeta Ushakova, SC of New York952.29793.20145.497Leesburg, VA 10/26-10-36

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I have read the criteria, how is it decide which section a skater is is from? Is it based on where they competed or where they train?

ETA:
I now have seen that you posted the same list in the U.S. Women thread.
It is my preference/hope :pray: that we can keep the discussion in the U.S. Women thread instead of exacerbating the redundancy (IMO) of this separate thread.​

The section corresponds to the home club of the skater.

The location of the competition is irrelevant.
Any skater from any section was able to register for any of the Championship Series events. (Maximum of two events per skater.)
(Which is one of the reasons that I have been repeating ad nauseam that Championship Series is different from sectionals.)

The skater's training location also is irrelevant.
For example, it is irrelevant that Hanna Harrell trains in California.
Hanna belongs to Eastern section because she represents Skating Club of Boston.

The final Series standings will depend on the results of the Spokane event, which will conclude tonight.

I am not going to go into the detail of my pre-Alpharetta post in the U.S. Women thread, but the standings *after* Alpharetta results and *before* Spokane final results are (excluding Thorngren and Andrews, who already have byes to Nats):

Top two Eastern: Izzo, Gold
Top two Midwestern: Hawk, Warne-Jacobsen
Top two Pacific: Budko, Inthisone
Next three in nation: Heiner, Harrell, Ikenishi

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
100 percent Rumor.
Gabriella Izzo; Sierra Venetta; Gracie Gold; Kate Wang; Finley Hawk; Wren Warne-Jacobsen; Jill Heiner; Hanna Harrell; Rena Ikenishi.
Listed as alternates are Alena Budko; Jessica Lin; Lara Annuziata. That would make 12. These all qualified through the Championship series and not through international byes.

Didnt in the old system of regionals and sectionals, you ended up with 12 plus the byes at nats?

scoty

Rinkside
I'm really surprised that USFSA doesn't have transparent public records of these qualifiers. Maybe it's in their secret "members only" area?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm really surprised that USFSA doesn't have transparent public records of these qualifiers. Maybe it's in their secret "members only" area?

I'm not understanding; :scratch2:they do have records, the qualifying scores are from the US Championship series.

The "Byes" are based on stated criteria (placement at last year's Nats, number of GPs/Challengers, and I believe JGPF qualification? Last one I'm not sure about).

Katyaever

Rinkside
The members only section states the official communication on the Qualifiers will be going out on Tuesday. I am assuming once the qualifiers are notified, this information would be released to the general public.

macy

Record Breaker
was anyone else on the volunteer call last night? i am surprised with how strict they are being with giving out event tickets...when i worked in detroit they just gave them out for volunteering at all and i got 2 tickets for 2 events. i only worked the ladies SP.

Skatermom91

Rinkside
I purchased all event tickets but I am not interested in the juniors so I am giving away my tickets to sessions 1-6 if anyone is interested. The seat is in section 117. I would assume the arena won't be to crowded for these early sessions so once inside you could probably sit somewhere even closer. If anyone is interested let me know which sessions you'd like and I'll mail the tickets.
I’d be interested in these tickets if they are still available. Julie
[email protected]

ice coverage

Record Breaker
was anyone else on the volunteer call last night? i am surprised with how strict they are being with giving out event tickets...when i worked in detroit they just gave them out for volunteering at all and i got 2 tickets for 2 events. i only worked the ladies SP.

Ooops, I had registered for the volunteer call many days ago, but forgot to tune in yesterday. :(

If you don't mind ... what did they say about tickets for volunteers in Nashville? :unsure:
And did anything else on other topics strike you as different from your past experience?
Thanks for any highlights and/or lowlights.

Going back to tickets:
My understanding has been that it is the LOCs that determine what they will offer as a ticket-related perk to USFS volunteers at Nats, Skate America, and the like. So the perk from the LOC will not always be the same.
From what I remember from recent years, a typical (IMO) requirement has been a minimum of three shifts to earn two one ticket vouchers (with their total worth being one ticket for two different sessions or two tickets for the same session).
It was generous of Detroit to require only one shift. :)

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Just curious, were masking/immunization status requirements for entry, discussed at the call? I’m on some sort of mailing list for the arena, which recently sent out an announcement that the arena itself will no longer require masks. USFS’ website still says that masks are required for its events, but does not specifically discuss whether that is to govern where the arena itself is no-mask, or what is to happen at Nationals. Thanks!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just curious, were masking/immunization status requirements for entry, discussed at the call? I’m on some sort of mailing list for the arena, which recently sent out an announcement that the arena itself will no longer require masks. USFS’ website still says that masks are required for its events, but does not specifically discuss whether that is to govern where the arena itself is no-mask, or what is to happen at Nationals. Thanks!

I share your interest ... but I would caution that Nats requirements for those with credentials (including volunteers) potentially could be different (more rigorous) than for spectators.

Again, I missed the volunteer call, so do not know what was said.
Hope to eventually learn the requirements both for volunteers and for spectators.

macy

Record Breaker
Ooops, I had registered for the volunteer call many days ago, but forgot to tune in yesterday. :(

If you don't mind ... what did they say about tickets for volunteers in Nashville? :unsure:
And did anything else on other topics strike you as different from your past experience?
Thanks for any highlights and/or lowlights.

Going back to tickets:
My understanding has been that it is the LOCs that determine what they will offer as a ticket-related perk to USFS volunteers at Nats, Skate America, and the like. So the perk from the LOC will not always be the same.​
From what I remember from recent years, a typical (IMO) requirement has been a minimum of three shifts to earn two ticket vouchers (with their total worth being one ticket for two different sessions or two tickets for the same session).​
It was generous of Detroit to require only one shift. :)
they said you get one ticket for every 3 shifts worked, they didn't mention anything regarding vouchers but more info will come.

as far as covid the only real information they could provide at this point was masks are 100% non negotiable for volunteers (no info for spectators but i assume it will be the same). they said restrictions will be top priority to protect the athletes, but nothing else as of now.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
they said you get one ticket for every 3 shifts worked, they didn't mention anything regarding vouchers but more info will come.

as far as covid the only real information they could provide at this point was masks are 100% non negotiable for volunteers (no info for spectators but i assume it will be the same). they said restrictions will be top priority to protect the athletes, but nothing else as of now.

Thank you, macy. :thank:

Sorry, I need to go back to my previous post and make a fix to my reference to vouchers.

What I should have said was:
A typical requirement at my recent events has been a minimum of three shifts to earn *one* voucher.​
But the voucher was a piece of paper that the volunteer needed to take to the box office to be exchanged for hard-copy tickets.​
One voucher could be exchanged for either: (A) one ticket for *two* different sessions, or (B) *two* tickets for the same session.​

That said ... given that you did not hear the word "voucher" on the USFS call for Nashville, maybe it is irrelevant that one voucher of the past was equivalent to two tickets.

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
Thank you, macy. :thank:

Sorry, I need to go back to my previous post and make a fix to my reference to vouchers.

What I should have said was:
A typical requirement at my recent events has been a minimum of three shifts to earn *one* voucher.​
But the voucher was a piece of paper that the volunteer needed to take to the box office to be exchanged for hard-copy tickets.​
One voucher could be exchanged for either: (A) one ticket for *two* different sessions, or (B) *two* tickets for the same session.​

That said ... given that you did not hear the word "voucher" on the USFS call for Nashville, maybe it is irrelevant that one voucher of the past was equivalent to two tickets.
yeah now that you said voucher, Detroit did that too but i'm pretty sure we got 2 of them. hoping they do the same at nashville.