2022 US Stars on Ice | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2022 US Stars on Ice

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Alexa and Brandon kind of just "started". I can see them going 1 more season...at least.
I wonder if retirements would be affected if Russia was able to compete or if they had competed at worlds this year and got similar results as the olympics. Pointless but it would be interesting.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let us hope the joy is real.....and I know hard work can help a wounded person...she is a beautiful skater, and I am not a doctor, but I worry about one more bad fall hitting her head.
I hope she has someone in her life - her mom? Who would sit her down and make her stop if it’s not doctor approved.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hope she has someone in her life - her mom? Who would sit her down and make her stop if it’s not doctor approved.
I dont know if anyone can make someone of legal age do anything they dont want to do, even if it makes sense. I dont know that seeing as how her parents are coaches, they would try...they would certainly discuss it with her.....but in the end, its her decision. Sergei G. know of his heart condition.....

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I dont know if anyone can make someone of legal age do anything they dont want to do, even if it makes sense. I dont know that seeing as how her parents are coaches, they would try...they would certainly discuss it with her.....but in the end, its her decision. Sergei G. know of his heart condition.....
I've never heard that Sergei knew of his condition. I can't imagine a pair skater would risk his own safety and that of his partner in that way -- skating with a potentially sudden, fatal condition. I remember it being a defect he was born with, but not known before his death. But I'm just going off memory and could be wrong.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've never heard that Sergei knew of his condition. I can't imagine a pair skater would risk his own safety and that of his partner in that way -- skating with a potentially sudden, fatal condition. I remember it being a defect he was born with, but not known before his death. But I'm just going off memory and could be wrong.
I am going by a tv blurb on the death I saw in the last century....I remember being really bummed out that day...they were so wonderful. Even in the 1990s, the state of the art at the time sports medicine should have caught this. About that same time or 1996, my wonderful doc who I had for 30 years...she put me on a treadmill all wired up....

"Doctors found that Grinkov had severely clogged coronary arteries (to the point where his arterial opening was reportedly the size of a pinhole), which caused the heart attack; later testing revealed that he also had a genetic risk factor linked with premature heart attacks. The risk factor is called the PLA-2 variant and is also known as the "Grinkov Risk Factor."[11]"

How many folks have you known that have had stints put in?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Alexa trying out new pairs partners at SOI practices... and other new skills. ;)

I do need to say, I know I'm biased, but Jason acquitted himself rather well. At least on this one element.:laugh:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has posted a "Behind the Scenes" look at SOI. I wish it wasn't in speed-up mode, so I could follow it more.:drama:

ETA: Mariah commented "❤️❤️❤️❤️" and Karen Chen has reposted in IG stories with "I miss this all so very much😭"

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just can't imagine she'd switch to singles.
Ashley has mentioned that her future includes coaching, seminars & shows. The singles skills that she is posting look to be in line with that & not competition. She might be trying to stay on the radar for next year’s SOI — which looks like it will need a female skater or two to replace Alysa & Madi H (and possibly Mirai, Karen & Mariah). SOI wouldn’t need to add her just as a pair.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karen Chen posted this video today of SOI practice.

I have no idea what TakiTaki is, but it's a fun video :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fun article on SOI with quotes from many skaters about their SOI experiences.

As in, Madi Hubbell buying her wedding dress while on tour:

I realized that a lot of the things that I was saving [from Instagram] were from the same bridal boutique in San Francisco, so I looked up the distance, and I was like, we have a day off. So finally I just booked my car and was like, I don't know if anyone will be able to go with me, but it ended up being Kaitlin [Hawayek], Jean-Luc [Baker] and Mirai that went with me and it was just to look and see if I really liked the style I thought I did, but I tried one on and I just felt like it was the right one, so we said yes to the dress

.👰👰👰