2022 CS Warsaw Cup: Info and Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2022 CS Warsaw Cup: Info and Pre-game Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Warsaw Cup is the ninth in a series of 10 events of the 2022-23 Figure Skating Challenger Series and is scheduled to take place in Warsaw, Poland, at the COS Torwar arena, November 17-20, 2022. The event will feature all four figure skating disciplines (Men, Women, Pairs, and Ice Dance).

If the requirements specified in the above-mentioned documents are fulfilled, the event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to 10 International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.
To be considered for the Challenger Series, the competition must have at least three disciplines (Men, Women, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) from a minimum of 10 different ISU Members in all disciplines combined.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:

you're the best, as usual, we got Nik the fall, my not so baby boy and little cactus :LOL:
there're also Lucrezia and Matteo Guarise on the list :hap10:
Mister Versace gets the most boujee crown I can craft :laugh:, I have to redeem myself not giving him anything in Ostrava.
Plus Daniel is already a pro since he got a crown at 2020 WJC :)
I'm just sad there is no Japanese and Korean skaters assigned. The more, the merrier for me.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm just sad there is no Japanese and Korean skaters assigned. The more, the merrier for me.

Same here. Especially since Honda's only chance for points is one single GP. Not fair.
I enjoyed Warsaw Cup a lot last year, and would also have liked to see some of the skaters competing this year, like Lucrezia/Matteo, Virtanen, Kuchvalska or Vrankova. Ah well, I can always hope for JSF changing their attitude next year. Sad to see e.g. Britschgi with a million chances for WS points, while most of the Japanese have only two, and some have one, or none. The discrepancy in equal opportunities is striking.

icetug

Medalist
Same here. Especially since Honda's only chance for points is one single GP. Not fair.
I enjoyed Warsaw Cup a lot last year, and would also have liked to see some of the skaters competing this year, like Lucrezia/Matteo, Virtanen, Kuchvalska or Vrankova. Ah well, I can always hope for JSF changing their attitude next year. Sad to see e.g. Britschgi with a million chances for WS points, while most of the Japanese have only two, and some have one, or none. The discrepancy in equal opportunities is striking.
I would love to see Japanese skaters in Warsaw, but as soon as I compared the dates, I basically knew it was going to be impossible: the Warsaw Cup is hold in the same weekend as the NHK. I think it would be unfair to send to Warsaw anybody who could be (touching wood...) a last minute substitute at home. Especially those who have only one assignment.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I would love to see Japanese skaters in Warsaw, but as soon as I compared the dates, I basically knew it was going to be impossible: the Warsaw Cup is hold in the same weekend as the NHK. I think it would be unfair to send to Warsaw anybody who could be (touching wood...) a last minute substitute at home. Especially those who have only one assignment.

Yeah, that was more of a general rant against JSF's handling of the entire Challenger Series. They could have sent everyone before the GP started, like all sane countries did, and spared maybe over a half of them the stress of *only* having the ultra-competitive GP as their only chance for points and SB. But they didn't do that, and now it's too late.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Mister Versace gets the most boujee crown I can craft :laugh:, I have to redeem myself not giving him anything in Ostrava.
Plus Daniel is already a pro since he got a crown at 2020 WJC :)
if i were you i'd go for black and gold, you can't get any more Versace :LOL:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
if i were you i'd go for black and gold, you can't get any more Versace :LOL:
That's the initial draft actually ;), plus I recently bought some metallic paints, so there will be some hand paint in golden on those black flowers to make it more *bling* extra :laugh:. I just hope there will be possibility to handle those directly to the boys and that they will accept them :).
Can't wait. Now let's not get cold/else and lit crafting fire under my behind (because I am BEHIND, looking what awaits in November...).

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
That's the initial draft actually ;), plus I recently bought some metallic paints, so there will be some hand paint in golden on those black flowers to make it more *bling* extra :laugh:. I just hope there will be possibility to handle those directly to the boys and that they will accept them :).
Can't wait. Now let's not get cold/else and lit crafting fire under my behind (because I am BEHIND, looking what awaits in November...).
i give you my blessings in the name of Dior :LOL: may Balenciaga be with you

cabres

On the Ice
8:00 a. m. ??? What an inappropriate time is Sunday early morning for Women FS!!!....: There will be no spectators even at 12:00, when Kurakova will perform. :(

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
8:00 a. m. ??? What an inappropriate time is Sunday early morning for Women FS!!!....: There will be no spectators even at 12:00, when Kurakova will perform. :(
There will be at least one - myself.
:laugh:
Yeah, Sunday FS is not my biggest joy to have, especially this early, but I am determined to be there as much as I can for skaters.

Sackie

Medalist
Kind of disappointed that CAN once again is not sending a Woman or Man entry. There are some of the CAN skaters that need more mileage on their programs, so why not send them out as much as possible. There are some here that are doing GPs as well as this event - so why not CAN skaters too. And CAN is already sending a team. Gabby showed us at SCI that she is starting to get back to her old form - so why not send her to get more performances under her belt. Also Corey had only 1 GP - why not send him - again just to get his programs out there more.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kind of disappointed that CAN once again is not sending a Woman or Man entry. There are some of the CAN skaters that need more mileage on their programs, so why not send them out as much as possible. There are some here that are doing GPs as well as this event - so why not CAN skaters too. And CAN is already sending a team. Gabby showed us at SCI that she is starting to get back to her old form - so why not send her to get more performances under her belt. Also Corey had only 1 GP - why not send him - again just to get his programs out there more.
They should send Conrad..as he has Polish roots.. but then, he is in NHK.... but yeah... I agree. I would be curious to see what benefit some of our skaters would gain from skating 2 challenges back to back. I mean Kaiya didn't get her tech minimums in the SP... why not send her right away.. plus she's already in Europe.. etc... kind of short-sighted.

Country
Russia
ISU CS Warsaw Cup 2022
In order of Personal Best.
* means unofficial best if no official.

Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Daniel GRASSL ITA 278.07
2 Kevin AYMOZ FRA 275.63
3 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 239.66
4 Luc ECONOMIDES FRA 229.64
5 Maxim NAUMOV USA 227.17