2022 World Championships: Pairs Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022 World Championships: Pairs Short Program

YagsFan

On the Ice
See pairs free thread. I have posted links viewable by vpn set to Canada. Sorry I know of no other way. Prerecorded material is the subject of the copyright claim on Knierim/Frazier SP music in the US. Live events fall under different rules and that is why we could watch it in the first place.
I'm glad to have stumbled upon this discussion at this late date. I had complained about no showings of Pairs or Dance short programs elsewhere. Do you have any further information? As for if the 2 controversial commentator "mishaps" are to blame----I wouldn't think either would affect US coverage since those commentators don't do so for US showings. (If I had been able to watch those events on USA network, as I did for all of the other events, the commentators would have been Jhonny, Tara and Terry.)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad to have stumbled upon this discussion at this late date. I had complained about no showings of Pairs or Dance short programs elsewhere. Do you have any further information? As for if the 2 controversial commentator "mishaps" are to blame----I wouldn't think either would affect US coverage since those commentators don't do so for US showings. (If I had been able to watch those events on USA network, as I did for all of the other events, the commentators would have been Jhonny, Tara and Terry.)
Somewhere in one of the other threads is how I learned about the live vs recorded rules. As far as I know it has nothing to do with the commentators.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Somewhere in one of the other threads is how I learned about the live vs recorded rules. As far as I know it has nothing to do with the commentators.
ok, so what is the difference between the rules for live vs pre-recorded showings? Besides that, 2 things I don't understand at all about this: why has this not been a problem in any other international competition (ie, Olympics, Grand Prix, etc)? and, why, if part or all of the problem with pairs was the copyright nonsense with K/F, why did that somehow also effect the showing of the Rhythm Dance?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ok, so what is the difference between the rules for live vs pre-recorded showings? Besides that, 2 things I don't understand at all about this: why has this not been a problem in any other international competition (ie, Olympics, Grand Prix, etc)? and, why, if part or all of the problem with pairs was the copyright nonsense with K/F, why did that somehow also effect the showing of the Rhythm Dance?

The thread on the lawsuit is here:

Several posts have links to articles which might be helpful regarding copyright law, including one posted by yours truly;) There is a difference between licensing for live events and otherwise.

Whether that has anything to do with pairs' replays being available on Peacock, who knows? Peacock is its own world:LOL:

YagsFan

On the Ice
The thread on the lawsuit is here:

Several posts have links to articles which might be helpful regarding copyright law, including one posted by yours truly;) There is a difference between licensing for live events and otherwise.

Whether that has anything to do with pairs' replays being available on Peacock, who knows? Peacock is its own world:LOL:
thanks el henry, I re-read the article on the lawsuit since you posted the link, and I'll go look for the postings on copyright law. I am still wondering however, why the Rhythm Dance also was never shown; to my knowledge, Knierim and Frazier didn't participate there:shrug: Oh, and I actually don't subscribe to Peacock, just watch on USA; I'd really be mad if I'd paid good $ and couldn't see these comps, lol!
Amyway, thanks again for your efforts.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thanks el henry, I re-read the article on the lawsuit since you posted the link, and I'll go look for the postings on copyright law. I am still wondering however, why the Rhythm Dance also was never shown; to my knowledge, Knierim and Frazier didn't participate there:shrug: Oh, and I actually don't subscribe to Peacock, just watch on USA; I'd really be mad if I'd paid good $ and couldn't see these comps, lol!
Amyway, thanks again for your efforts.

I agree, it's very odd. I don't know the reason.

I don't like the Peacock attitude (and I was a big fan before) and I may need to join the wonderful world of VPNs. Which I was avoiding. :laugh: