2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate

reneerose

Final Flight
There isn't another link to watch the ladies' short and free is there? I stopped Peacock premium and missed recording it entirely from USA channel. I did manage to see Kaori's last night in NBC primetime. Such a power program this season, so glad for her Worlds Gold!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I dared to copy the link for you from the CaroLiza_fan post here on this thread.
Millions thank you CaoLiza_fan for always providing us with the links:thank:!!!

Awww, thank you for the kind words!!!

:thank:

If you are not watching live, it is handy to have everything to get set up in one post that you can quickly get to without seeing spoilers. I admit that when I started doing those posts, it was for my own benefit. But, then realised that if it helps me, it will help others. So, I got into the habit of doing it all the time.

By the way, the Eurosort Player coerage cut away straight after the resutls, so we didn't get to see the podium or lap of honour. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Super excited for Leona and Belgium! That is so cool. (Has Belgium ever medaled in fs? It’s so rare in general to see non- Russian Europeans on the podium.)

First singles skater, there were 3 pairs medalists in some combination of two on one podium and one on the other in 1947 and 1948.

Micheline Lannoy / Pierre Baugniet won in both those years. In 1947, they won Nationals, Europeans and Worlds. And in 1948, they won Worlds and the Olympics.

Suzanne Diskeuve / Edmond Verbustel were 3rd at both Worlds and Europeans in 1947.

Incidentally, just to prove how good a year 1947 was for Belgian skating, Fernand Leemans was 3rd in Men's Singles at Europeans.

I take it you are just talking about Senior Worlds. Because Kevin van der Perren won a Silver Medal at Junior Worlds in 2002, and a couple of Bronze Medals at Europeans in 2007 and 2009.

I would have sworn that he had a Bronze from Senior Worlds too, but his best finish was 6th in 2008.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ok the event is done and dusted but I have to put in my two cents (adjusted for inflation) worth of opinion on Mariah sitting alone in the K&C when she came very close to getting a bronze. I wondered if it wasn't the lack of a physical presence of a coach supporting her at the boards as she went to skate her LP that diminished her so that the end of her program petered out technically. It's probably conjecture on my part but that could not have helped. Having Adam face timing her in theK&C was sad. On one hand I get who Raf is and that all of his eggs were in the Nathan basket but it's not as though coaching Mariah was volunteer work. He was getting paid!! And Adam just happened to not be available when he knew Mariah would be at Worlds weeks in advance? When they are supposed to be so close? She was a skater abandoned and there is no excuse for that.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Anastasia Gubanova is the best all around female skater in terms of performance. Even her jumps add to her undeniably soft presence on the ice. That girl has been capturing people’s attention all season across A very wide spectrum of figure skating‘s often fickle fandom. That is no small feat! I finally was able to watch her FS tonight :dbana:

I think next year she should be granted one do over per event for any falls she may have in order to grant Her (retroactively) the higher scores she deserves :wink:

Last edited: