2022 World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2022 World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships will take place Mar 17-19, 2022, in Innsbruck, Austria, at Olympiaworld Innsbruck. The event will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules Synchronized Skating 2021, as well as all pertinent ISU Communications.

Each participating team must consist of sixteen (16) skaters and may have up to a maximum of four (4) alternates listed on the Team Entry Form (Rule 800, paragraph 2 b) and c)).

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I watched a bit of the US Nats comp that is now on Peacock. For me, it was not enjoyable as the women in the audience screamed half the time and it completely drowned out the music. I have seen demos at regular nats and it was enjoyable except for the mother, who was right behind me, that was screaming at her daughter. Does this happen at comps in other countries?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is nice to see that there are now Team Bios for the synchro teams. Their music, competition record of the past, coaches, and team members are all listed.

The city where they train is omitted.

I went to the US Synchro championship in Providence in 2020 just before COVID shut everything down, and it was a lot of fun.

USFSA Fanzone does give the cities their teams represent

Team Elite is from Northbrook, Illinois.

Team Skyliners are from New York City, New York.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It is nice to see that there are now Team Bios for the synchro teams. Their music, competition record of the past, coaches, and team members are all listed.

The city where they train is omitted.

I went to the US Synchro championship in Providence in 2020 just before COVID shut everything down, and it was a lot of fun.

USFSA Fanzone does give the cities their teams represent

Team Elite is from Northbrook, Illinois.

Team Skyliners are from New York City, New York.
I have alot of respect for what these people have to do and remember....I just wish people in the audience would respect the performance and not scream. Not good during times of covid anyway but if people start screaming during singles performances, or ballets, I am out of there.
Chris the old foggy.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wonder why Team Image is an alternate when they are Jr National Champs? I sure love their free skate!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wonder why Team Image is an alternate when they are Jr National Champs? I sure love their free skate!
The World Junior teams were selected prior to Nationals - I'm not positive why but I think they probably had to name them the teams before Nationals.

Does anyone know about a broadcast/livestream for it? I don't see anything listed on the USFS site. No Peacock I guess. Is the ISU broadcasting?

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
The World Junior teams were selected prior to Nationals - I'm not positive why but I think they probably had to name them the teams before Nationals.

Does anyone know about a broadcast/livestream for it? I don't see anything listed on the USFS site. No Peacock I guess. Is the ISU broadcasting?
I'm just crossing my fingers it will be on Peacock, even though it's not listed yet.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
All set to go with the SP! having the opening ceremony broadcast was nice. Sadly, and I'm sure the problem is my slow rural internet, the feed is very bad for me, buffering every few seconds. Not sure I'll be able to watch.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here's a link for the short program on now:

And a link for tomorrow's free skates:

Unfortunately I have to leave soon though so will hopefully catch up later!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lot of teams have been enjoyable but Team Fintastic Jr were great! Extra points in my book for the silver and red costumes -- created a stunning look. Into first by a wide margin at this point.

eta: SPOILER: Both US teams were fabulous, too. So, it's Fintastic, Elite, and Skyliners in the top three after the SP.

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't know the commentators - I believe one of them said their name was Anna? Not sure.

Congrats to the medalists!

Gold - Fintastic (FIN)
Silver - Skyliners (USA)
Bronze - Teams Elite (USA)

I thought all three medalists were great - actually the top five which included Musketeers (FIN) and Les Supremes (CAN) were all great. I would have had Skyliners first though, but I'm certainly no synchro expert. They just felt the most in sync and cleanest. I'm not sure why their PCS score was so low. In the short their PCS was higher than Teams Elite but here they were lower (skate order perhaps?) Had they scored the PCS score that Teams Elite got, they would have won overall. They still got the top tech score. Anyway, congrats to all the junior synchro teams! You all were fun to watch!