2022 Worlds: General Info | Golden Skate

2022 Worlds: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 World Figure Skating Championships will take place March 21-27, 2022, in Montpellier, France. Worlds is an annual figure skating competition sanctioned by the International Skating Union. ISU Member nations select their entries according to their own criteria and skaters must be at least fifteen before July 1 of the previous year to compete at this event.

The competition will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, as well as all pertinent ISU Communications.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Worlds is in France? Uh-oh, is it possible that Russia will still be on the red list and be unable to attend without quarantine? Or maybe even the US or some other country? That's a bit of a worry!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I sincerely hope not. I think Stockholm has shown such a big competition can be organised safely (even though there was some 'collateral damage' of a false positive test result) and many people weren't (yet) vaccinated - whatever the vaccin.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Has anyone heard anything about tickets for this event?
I tried to look on the French figure skating website but it doesn’t look like there is anything up yet - it was linked from an ISU page I think. My French is a bit rusty so I could have missed something.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Tickets went on sale Thursday. Here are links for all event and individual events:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks for the headsup.
So, basically, there are very limited tickets on sale (I see a few Gold areas, but I would expect more.) 1,200 euros for a package. And nothing near the front rows.
Anyone know if there will be VIP, something better than Gold? (I would expect as much.)
Also… seriously? Tickets on sale, but no official website? :jaw:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
How much more French fed could this be? This might be a stupid question, but on the map they haven't highlighted where the judges will be sitting - where on the map will that be? Glad the individual tickets are available though, as an all event ticket is perhaps a financial stretch for me just now!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
How much more French fed could this be? This might be a stupid question, but on the map they haven't highlighted where the judges will be sitting - where on the map will that be? Glad the individual tickets are available though, as an all event ticket is perhaps a financial stretch for me just now!
I wish they would have English translation on their site too! How do you know they have individual tickets? Is that the reduced tariff?

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I wish they would have English translation on their site too! How do you know they have individual tickets? Is that the reduced tariff?
I've been trying to muddle through for weeks now - it is so convoluted and confusing - I still haven't figured it out! What I do know is that I don't want an all event ticket though. When I looked initially it seemed there was individual tickets but the website has changed again and now I'm not sure how. Also, what is a discounted rate? No clue here.

bumblebee93

Spectator
I've been trying to muddle through for weeks now - it is so convoluted and confusing - I still haven't figured it out! What I do know is that I don't want an all event ticket though. When I looked initially it seemed there was individual tickets but the website has changed again and now I'm not sure how. Also, what is a discounted rate? No clue here.
Yes it is somewhat confusing but at least for me the individual session tickets show up as the first option. If you then click "select your own seat" or "choisissez vos places sur plan" you can choose the different sessions from a dropdown menu (it's in French..programme court dames for example means womens short program, programme court hommes is the mens short program etc.).

And the reduced rate is only for children under 12 and licensees of the French skating federation. The information is a little bit hidden on the website. At first I thought it is some kind of early booking discount but that is not the case unfortunately.

You can also change the language from French to English in the upper left hand corner of the site.

Last edited:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Yes it is somewhat confusing but at least for me the individual session tickets show up as the first option. If you then click "select your own seat" or "choisissez vos places sur plan" you can choose the different sessions from a dropdown menu (it's in French..programme court dames for example means womens short program, programme court hommes is the mens short program etc.).

And the reduced rate is only for children under 12 and licensees of the French skating federation. The information is a little bit hidden on the website. At first I thought it is some kind of early booking discount but that is not the case unfortunately.

You can also change the language from French to English in the upper left hand corner of the site.
Ah thanks! I wish they'd not used ticketmaster - the worst ever imo. Still no clue where the judges will be, I did email to ask but didn't get a response.

bumblebee93

Spectator
Ah thanks! I wish they'd not used ticketmaster - the worst ever imo. Still no clue where the judges will be, I did email to ask but didn't get a response.
Yeah, ticketmaster is awful! You're welcome! The judges are sitting on the F side apparently. The info was only recently added on the site, again a little bit hidden unfortunately- you can see it when you click on "placement and prices". I just saw it a couple of days ago for the first time as well. The Kiss and Cry will be between the H and I sections.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I went back to check after I posted this and I managed to get tix! It’s still a bit confusing but easier than when I tried before. I googled “World Figure Skating Championships Montepellier tickets”. That took me to what looks like the official website (in English) and from there you click the link thats says tickets - it should take you to the English version of the French Ticketmaster site where they have the tickets, packages etc. listed. I just wanted tickets to dance so I picked the “tickets” option (which is for individual events). Then you click the seating map to choose your seats and a drop down menu will show up and you pick the event you want to get tickets for. Super weird way to do it but hey ho. I hope that helps!

Miriam090

Rinkside
The all event ticket says access to all training is included - do official practices all happen in the main rink? and do they begin on the Monday of competition week? Thanks!

Also I'm looking at tickets in B4 - would I be able to see enough going on from there? The only other all event tickets are the Gold package which is just a bit too pricey for me

As far as I can tell, both the Cat 2 and Cat 3 all event tickets are in B4 and the Gold all event tickets are in G2/G3, just in front - so all on the short end of the rink opposite the kiss&cry. I really want to attend practices too but I'm trying to figure out what the best option is. I wish you could pick your own seats within the category instead :(

Last edited:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm assuming that we don't have times for the events yet? I know there's a time difference, but I'm hoping the events are early enough that with the time difference, it won't be a middle of night live event for me.

because, you know, these events should be planned around my schedule! LOL

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm assuming that we don't have times for the events yet? I know there's a time difference, but I'm hoping the events are early enough that with the time difference, it won't be a middle of night live event for me.

mine too! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but this time i'm confident

pearly

Record Breaker

Here is the schedule:

Mercredi 23 mars 2022 à 09h50 : PROGRAMME COURT DAMES / SHORT PROGRAM LADIES
Mercredi 23 mars 2022 à 17h30 : OUVERTURE + PROGRAMME COURT COUPLES / OPENING + SHORT PROGRAM PAIRS
Jeudi 24 mars 2022 à 10h15 : PROGAMME COURT HOMME / SHORT PROGRAM MEN
Jeudi 24 mars 2022 à 18h00 : PROGRAMME LONG COUPLES / FREE SKATING PAIRS
Vendredi 25 mars 2022 à 10h45 : PROGRAMME COURT DANSE / RHYTHM DANCE
Vendredi 25 mars 2022 à 18h00 : PROGRAMME LONG DAMES / FREE SKATING LADIES
Samedi 26 mars 2022 à 10h55 : PROGRAMME LONG HOMMES / FREE SKATING MEN
Samedi 26 mars 2022 à 17h05 : PROGRAMME LONG DANSE / FREE DANSE
Dimanche 27 mars 2022 à 14h30 : GALA DES CHAMPIONS / EXHIBITION

Mercredi is Wednesday, March 23. You get the rest.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the schedule:

Mercredi 23 mars 2022 à 09h50 : PROGRAMME COURT DAMES / SHORT PROGRAM LADIES
Mercredi 23 mars 2022 à 17h30 : OUVERTURE + PROGRAMME COURT COUPLES / OPENING + SHORT PROGRAM PAIRS
Jeudi 24 mars 2022 à 10h15 : PROGAMME COURT HOMME / SHORT PROGRAM MEN
Jeudi 24 mars 2022 à 18h00 : PROGRAMME LONG COUPLES / FREE SKATING PAIRS
Vendredi 25 mars 2022 à 10h45 : PROGRAMME COURT DANSE / RHYTHM DANCE
Vendredi 25 mars 2022 à 18h00 : PROGRAMME LONG DAMES / FREE SKATING LADIES
Samedi 26 mars 2022 à 10h55 : PROGRAMME LONG HOMMES / FREE SKATING MEN
Samedi 26 mars 2022 à 17h05 : PROGRAMME LONG DANSE / FREE DANSE
Dimanche 27 mars 2022 à 14h30 : GALA DES CHAMPIONS / EXHIBITION

Mercredi is Wednesday, March 23. You get the rest.

Thanks, Pearly! So this is based on a 24 hour time clock, so for the US, it becomes this (I think - LOL):

Wednesday, March 23rd 9:50am - Women Short Program
Wednesday, March 23rd 5:30pm - Pairs Short Program
Thursday, March 24 10:15am - Men Short Program
Thursday, March 24 6:00pm - Pairs Free Skate
Friday, March 25 10:45am - Rhythm Dance
Friday, March 25 6:00pm - Women Free Skate
Saturday, March 26 10:55am - Men Free Skate
Saturday, March 26 5:05pm - Free Dance
Sunday, March 27 2:30pm - Exhibition

Then I would just need to convert it for my timezone.