2022 Worlds: Men's SP - Thoughts? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Worlds: Men's SP - Thoughts?

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Did Camden make the Free Program. I still haven't seen all the Men. The difficulty is still high even without the Russian and Chinese skaters. Still smiling after watching Ilia about 10 times.
I thought after Nathan won the olympics, and withdrew from Worlds, that going forward I wouldn't be nervous anymore. I could really lay back and just enjoy watching competitions and not care about the results. Ilia is probably gonna have me stressed out the next four years. So proud he did well in the SP at his first Worlds!!! Now for the FS! Stay focused!!

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
This is crazy. Nothing is settled on the top. Shoma has a tiny lead but all skaters in the last warm-up group have the ammunition to challenge him for gold or even push him off the podium if he makes just one mistake.

Further, 7th to 12th places are all within 2 points. The battle for next year's spots is on. Everything can happen. What a nerve wrecker :eek:

alizardbeth

Spectator
Country
Canada
Great event, many fantastic skates. Two big stand-outs for me:

I was so happy to see Shoma skate clean and land at the top of the scoreboard! He is my favorite - I love the passion and strength of his skating.

Also loved Vincent getting to skate his program - and do it beautifully and be obviously thrilled with how he performed. The commentator said this is how he wanted to perform at the Olympics, and I am so glad he got that this year in spite of everything.

I was very sad to hear that Donovan would not be skating! And for it to be a luggage issue and not injury/illness or personal circumstances...:mad: I can only hope it'll bring attention to this as an issue and maybe bring about some kind of help from the ISU or individual countries.