2023 Ephesus Cup | Golden Skate

2023 Ephesus Cup

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Ephesus Cup will take place Feb 6-12, 2023, in Izmir, Turkey, at the Ice Sports Hall. This international event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) and Ice Dance disciplines at the Novice, Junior and Senior levels.

The competition will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the 2022 ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance, ISU Communication 2468 Ice Dance Requirements for Technical Rules season 2022/23, and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Interesting to see one of our ID-teams on the entree list. Good luck Chelsea and Sherim.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How many competitions Larry Loupouver is going to skate? I think I see his name everywhere where some skating is going on. He is so anxious for TES for worlds, if he don't have those?

yesterday

Record Breaker
How many competitions Larry Loupouver is going to skate? I think I see his name everywhere where some skating is going on. He is so anxious for TES for worlds, if he don't have those?
Yeah, he's all over the place.
FISU was surely a nice home holiday for him and as he skates and perhaps also partly lives in Bulgaria, he can do all the smaller Eastern European competitions easily? Just a guess.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I realise that İzmir (where the Ephesus Cup is being held) is on the other side of the country, but do you think that this morning's massive earthquake in the south-east of Turkey will affect the running of this event?

It would seem inappropriate starting a sporting event the day after a national disaster. But, on the other hand, everybody will have already arrived.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
I realise that İzmir (where the Ephesus Cup is being held) is on the other side of the country, but do you think that this morning's massive earthquake in the south-east of Turkey will affect the running of this event?

It would seem inappropriate starting a sporting event the day after a national disaster. But, on the other hand, everybody will have already arrived.

CaroLiza_fan
I just read that it´s cancelled :(

I totally understand it, such a tragedy :(

The source:

https://www.buzpateni.org.tr/haber-detay/ephesus-cup-2023--32

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Keith

Rinkside
Please did anybody save the entries list before the website was taken down? Prayers for Turkey & Syria! Tia!