2023 European Championships Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Gala

LadyB

Record Breaker
I love F/G! Goes to show they can do a lot better than just disco. Onwards and upwards :clap::clap::clap::clap:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I find the concept weird that medalists are already in the first group. But hey,...

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Fear /Gibson skating to Easy On Me: I much prefer their tacky, fun vibe to this, but they probably need some rest from time to time. Or they want to branch out.

Katia Kurakova to Pirates of the Caribbean : you can find her cutesy and gimmicky, but she's fun and committed to her choreo. She rolls on the ice.

Ghilardi/Ambrosini skating to Bocelli (πŸ™‰) I was hoping for something more upbeat, but they look so happy

Speaking of a happy camper, here's Lukas Britschgi skating to Giant: he's quite a charming performer

Now Synchro team Dream Edges skating to Lacrimosa

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I loved Dream Edges! :)
Hocke/Kunkel had a cute program to Dirty Dancing with the lift at the end.

Nice to see all the Espoo gold-medal winning free programs during the intermission. Does this happen in every ISU gala broadcast?

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Jenni Saarinen skates to Liebestraum by Liszt played LIVE in the arena by Eva Polgar. She displays nice qualities, but the camera person is obviously torn between keeping the camera on the skater or on Polgar's hands. Lovely.

Efimova /Blommaert skate to Ray Charles. She is such a beauty in her flapper dress. Energetic routine with a twofooted thrown jump

Kevin Aymoz skates to Singing in the Rain, then cantilevers and cartwheels to It's Raining Men. Always the showman!

Lopareva/Brissaud to Charlie Chaplin: they both play the Tramp. So hammy, so entertaining!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Loena Hendricks skates to Loneliness by Loni in a very sexy pleather catsuit. Amazing layback spin.

Deniss Vasiljevs with a half ponytail (just like I do when I can't be bothered): does anybody know if Latvia petitioned about that invalidated Choreo sequence? Not that it would change his placement, still, I'm puzzled. A soulful routine, but did he get his shirt out of Rizzo's closet?

Kimmy Repond as Wednesday Addams. I would like her to work with Carolina Kostner to accentuate her long lines. Since there's no Mikutina, she fills the goth quota. Her personality shines through.

Tuurkila/Versluis skating to a ballad. She looks as gorgeous as always. Dramatic slides.

icybear

Medalist
So Gubanova is doing Loena's Egyptian FS from last year and Marchei/Hotarek popular gala program too.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Matteo Rizzo skates a charming routine to one of my favourite songs by Vinicio Capossela! Way to go, Matteo! Much better than MΓ₯neskin! Effortless jumps.

Nastya Gubanova skating to Barbie Girl . No more beige, shocking pink! She rolls on the ice and plays with the audience, and with Matteo Rizzo as Ken.

Conti/Macii to Fred Buscaglione . I don't know if he has the swagger to play the gangster, they are so wholesome. He spins her on his head (how is that move called?)

Adam Siao Him Fa to Mi Gente. Fast, a little wild, with a smile and his usual commitment to the choreo. Aerial cartwheel is de rigueur.

Guignard/Fabbri skate to Brividi (not my taste). But since Brividi means Chills, I guess it's very fitting for an ice rink! She looks positively radiant.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It was one of the best Galas IMO. Skaters have really worked with they performances and wanted to show their best. A pity the schedule was to late for me to get home at reasonable time - must be back to office tomorrow - and I had to skip it as a live event.

Aklaus

Rinkside
Top 5 (IMO only)

1. Lopareva/ Brissaud (the met the charakter of the different Chaplin-Themes in a wonderful interpretation)
2. L. Hendrixx (she showed a comletely different side of herself, very sexy, made me stunning)
3. K. Aymoz (Its raining men, another brave way of his outing as gay)
4. Conti/ Macii (felt like being in barnim on ice, marvellous)
5. A. Siao Him Fa (like Loena, a quite different side of him)