2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, "round trip" does get another meaning here, right?
Who wants to get up for a 5 am flight and fly all around for $1200, right? The sad thing is, the airline system used to work in the last century. Fill the planes 90 percent, if something happens, put the effected pax on other flights and even on other airlines....everyone gets to their destination by some route. Now, there is no slack...they cant even get stranded crew members to the next flight..."This is a completely full flight" Ever heard that?

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I got an email today from Southwest Airlines advertising a Cyber Monday sale (30% off), Southwest is one of the airlines that flys into Colorado Springs! I took advantage of it and now have refundable flights :)

Code is CYBER30

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I got an email today from Southwest Airlines advertising a Cyber Monday sale (30% off), Southwest is one of the airlines that flys into Colorado Springs! I took advantage of it and now have refundable flights :)

Code is CYBER30
I would have chosen SW if I didnt have the blankety blank Delta credit....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Happy to get something.

Wish we had some idea on prices...
I would expect the front four rows or so with champaign and caviar service to go for $350 or so. Hard to tell now a days with inflation. If I am stymied, I will buy the cheep seats for $200 something and go the the individual tickets to get closer to the ice for certain events.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
One thing I have always wondered about is how our wonderful Japanese fans get such great seats at four conts and have to sit next to me
( :rofl: ) I assume there are tour groups who are given a certain percentage of the good seats.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I would expect the front four rows or so with champaign and caviar service to go for $350 or so. Hard to tell now a days with inflation. If I am stymied, I will buy the cheep seats for $200 something and go the the individual tickets to get closer to the ice for certain events.

I have been mentally preparing myself for much worse. So that is comforting. I am happy to see "Tuesday" as part of it as that seems pretty clear we can see practices.

I just wish i could get a little more info. Need to discuss with the better half what we want and what is worth it and not leave it last minute.... since we may both log in and try to get seats. The only events we have been to is the Broadmoor Open and more of a kids aimed charity thing with Max Aaron and Polina Edmunds that happened to be rather convenient... so very blind leading the blind situation.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have been mentally preparing myself for much worse. So that is comforting. I am happy to see "Tuesday" as part of it as that seems pretty clear we can see practices.

I just wish i could get a little more info. Need to discuss with the better half what we want and what is worth it and not leave it last minute.... since we may both log in and try to get seats. The only events we have been to is the Broadmoor Open and more of a kids aimed charity thing with Max Aaron and Polina Edmunds that happened to be rather convenient... so very blind leading the blind situation.
Regrettably, I could not find the world arena figure skating seating charts from 2007 and the other time I went (2012?) Need to start keeping those. Could not find them on the web.
BTW, purchasing the tickets is the same ole horse hockey as ticketswest. For instance, look at the difference between "transfer" and "share".
To me, e-tickets look like the best deal but note the last line. This is nothing more than marketing and data mining. Forcing people to get cell phones so they can have have an app they dont want....hopefully e-tickets can be used and then printed out by the original owner or made into JPGs. I am sure they will be just QR codes.

What is Transfer / Share?​

When available, use the Transfer or Share feature will allow you to send event tickets to a friend.
Transfer AXS Mobile ID
  • Transfer is used for AXS Mobile ID digital tickets. If the recipient has an AXS account, they’ll receive the tickets right away. Otherwise, they’ll need to create an AXS account to claim the tickets. And they’ll need the AXS app to use the tickets.
Share e-tickets
  • Share is used for e-tickets. When e-tickets are shared, the recipient will receive an email with a PDF of their ticket. They’ll need to print the PDF and bring it with them to the event.
    Please note: some events will automatically convert e-tickets to AXS Mobile ID when shared. See notes in section above.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I rather miss real tickets... seems so much simpler to me and you get a souvenir.

My firm has done a couple of baseball games... you can get real tickets for more money! And each time it is a song and dance around the office trying to get the damn things on everyone's phones!

i am hopeful my phone is even new enough to use it. I tried to download the app to check into my hotel on my phone... nope phone too old.

It seems that this site things i have used it before as i had and account with an old credit card. Somehow because the old one was there, i was able to upload two spares in advance.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I rather miss real tickets... seems so much simpler to me and you get a souvenir.

My firm has done a couple of baseball games... you can get real tickets for more money! And each time it is a song and dance around the office trying to get the damn things on everyone's phones!

i am hopeful my phone is even new enough to use it. I tried to download the app to check into my hotel on my phone... nope phone too old.

It seems that this site things i have used it before as i had and account with an old credit card. Somehow because the old one was there, i was able to upload two spares in advance.
Welcome to the world of new techology! There are actually people out there who are clueless that their phones will stop working depending on if they are Verizon, Att, ? if the phone isnt rated for LTE 4G as 3 g is going away. With trafone, I just upgraded both my fones to 5G for free.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Mark from AXS and he was wonderful in clarifying things...he took his time and asked his supervisors my questions.
1. YOU can get real tickets. You choose WillCall at the end of the sale. YOU have to pick them up personally. HOWEVER, if you cant make it, you can set up someone else to pick them up.
2. For THIS event, there are no e-Tickets so forget about pdf tickets to your friends.
3. There are regular tickets, VIP tickets, and Premium tickets. Regular tickets are transferable app to app. VIP and Premium tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. Period. He said that the front row(s) seat(s) for THIS event were most likely premium tickets. Of course, I did not tell him my trick of taking screen shots of the QR codes, making JPGS of them, and using them as tickets outside of the AXS app.

If you want to talk to a real Human, you can call the secret squirrel code telco number of 1-888-929-7849

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Welcome to the world of new techology! There are actually people out there who are clueless that their phones will stop working depending on if they are Verizon, Att, ? if the phone isnt rated for LTE 4G as 3 g is going away. With trafone, I just upgraded both my fones to 5G for free.
The 3G thing happened in February. We just got our plan and phone sorted out in November 2 days before my husband went to the US on a trip. It was his second trip to the US since the shutdown; for the first, our carrier thought his phone would work there, but they were wrong. Then there was a shortage of cheap (well, $100 cheap) phones.

This shutting down networks has happened before. Rogers shut down one of their networks in Canada about 15 years ago; they actually gave us a free phone at that time. My daughter's Verizon phone stopped working in Canada a few years ago when Telus shut down one of their networks. Before 4G, there were two totally separate technologies involved; ATT/Rogers/most of the world used GSM and Verizon/Telus used something else. I believe they have finally converged.

But get this, even the new one is NOT A SMARTPHONE, so I am out of luck with apps, etc. Fortunately my daughter has joined the smart phone crowd so I can get her to get the tickets.