2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

mrrice

Record Breaker
The elevation in Colorado Springs is just over 6 thousand feet. We sang at Red Rocks outside of Denver and it was hard on all of us. We'd been in eastern Colorado before we got there and we were all struggling to breathe. You get used to it after you've been there for a while but, the skaters will be there for less than a week.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So... my impatience has resulted in some conspiracy theory crafting.

I have been spending an inordinate about of time clinking around on anything related to this event and its local and came across The Penrose Room

Basically its pay a yearly fee for club level access type thing.

Looking at the benefits on that page you will notice.

Advance Notice and Premier Ticket Purchasing - Members receive notification of new events before anyone else and have first access to purchase tickets, both at the Pikes Peak Center and at the Broadmoor World Arena, prior to public on-sale.

So... this event is less than a month old in terms of announcements. It is very possible that they contractually have to wait to put this in a newsletter and offer advance sales before they can announce for the rest of us.

... so the next step in the conspiracy... does anyone know someone or know someone who knows someone who can at least keep an eye out for announcements for us? I feel like this might be a good next breadcrumb to follow.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, 4CC is now my next bid to see Malinin, Brown/Brown, Levito and Shaidorov. 🤞 apparently, we have direct flights to Colorado Springs, so that’s nice. Mom says she doesn’t want to go though.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
does anyone remember how much tickets were in 2019? trying to get a feel if i'll be able to afford an all event package or have to pick single events.

I believe between $400-$600.

Then again that is LA and had Nathan as a draw, then again inflation... so who knows.

I think i am cautiously optimistic tickets will be available for under a grand.

... that said, i have been rather enjoy all our chat here in this thread, but i think they time may have come to move over to

as that is probably the more appropriate place to be at this point. This is largely selfish as i keep checking there and then remembering... ohh yeah that thread is in the edge. Still, I want to keep the discourse going, but i don't want to step on any toes.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, they want peanuts for the tickets at any 4CCs I have been to. Nats is overpriced IMHO. We shall see if old man inflation has changed 4 cc prices. The week break between the two is gonna kick my butt..... :( At least I am getting three week breaks between summer trips....
Ugh. Sofias mother wants me to go to 4CCs but I promised to go to US Nats if Gracie made it.

nguyhm

On the Ice
FYI - For anyone who can fly Southwest they have very affordable low fares for February 2023. A non stop roundtrip from Dallas to Colorado Springs is around $200.
It looks like hotel rates have been updated. I was able to book at Fairfield by Marriott for $114/night (members rate for one king bed). The hotel is a 9 minutes walk to the World Ice Arena. There are other hotels around the area for affordable prices depending on your budget and preferences. I found Fairfield the most affordable for me.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FYI - For anyone who can fly Southwest they have very affordable low fares for February 2023. A non stop roundtrip from Dallas to Colorado Springs is around $200.
It looks like hotel rates have been updated. I was able to book at Fairfield by Marriott for $114/night (members rate for one king bed). The hotel is a 9 minutes walk to the World Ice Arena. There are other hotels around the area for affordable prices depending on your budget and preferences. I found Fairfield the most affordable for me.
I heard that airfare prices had plummeted and were expected to drop further.