2024-25 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes | Golden Skate

2024-25 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
This thread serves as a quick and informative resource for 2024-25 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes in figure skating. Please feel free to post additions/changes, along with the source, using full names of skaters or their coaches, which country they represent, or which federation the skater is switching from. Thank you.
Here is the thread for last season.

Coaching Changes
Women:
- Viktoria Nesterova (Russia) - from Yulia Kulibanova to Evgeni Rukavitsin
- Kimmy Repond (Switzerland) - added Michael Huth to her coaching team
- Hetty Shi (Canada) - from Paul Parkinson, Andrew Evans to Brian Orser, Rafael Arutunian

Men
- Arseni Dimitriev (Russia) - from Kirill Davydenko to Eteri Tutberidze
- Makar Ignatov (Russia) - from Evgeni Rukavitsin to Evgeni Plushenko

Pairs:
- Nica Digerness / Mark Sadusky (USA) - from Dalilah Sappenfield to Natalia(?) Mishkutenok, Drew Meekins, Daniel O'Shea
- Viktoria Vasilieva / Roman Zaporozhets (Russia) - from Artur Dmitriev Sr to Arina Ushakova, Sergei Karev

Country Changes
- Edrian Paul Celestino - from the Philippines to Canada

Discipline Changes

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
U.S. pairs skaters, Nica Digerness and Mark Sadusky have returned to the WASA rink in Colorado, to be coached by the Mishketunok, Meekins, O'Shea coaching team. Nica & Mark were formerly trained by Dalilah Sappenfield and Larry Ibarra at the nearby Monument, CO rink.

I am happy for Nica & Mark! I wish them luck and success! ✨

🤔 Hmm, I also notice that Gabby Izzo is there, too. And maybe her partner, Luc Maierhofer. Maybe they will train in the U.S. and rep Austria? Or, maybe they are just at WASA for the summer? I wonder.

Last edited:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
@cohkaix mentioned this in the BC/YK Section Super Series thread. The Chinese Taipei Skating Union posted stories promoting Tasha Lai/Mickey Becker-Pos (Canada, reigning Novice Ice Dance bronze medalists) skating at the competition. It looks like they may be switching there. I've attached screenshots of the stories.

Attachments

• lai and becker-pos chinese taipei 1.png
    lai and becker-pos chinese taipei 1.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 30
  • lai and becker-pos chinese taipei 2.png
    lai and becker-pos chinese taipei 2.png
    155 KB · Views: 28

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Viktoria Vasilieva & Roman Zaporozhets (RUS, pairs) from Artur Dmitriev Sr to Arina Ushakova and Sergei Karev

Artur Dmitriev Sr has moved to Saint Petersburg and started coaching in Star Ice. Viktoria and Roman decided to stay in Moscow.