Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov
Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk
Yulia Artemieva/Aleksei Bryukhanov
Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev
So excited to see M/E on NT!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I meant that 8th/6th places are definitely not enough for the main roster of the national team.
Yep, historically the top 6 at Russian Nationals and the top 5 at the Russian Cup Final would be considered for the National team, and the other criteria to get on the National team were achievable only through international competitions.

They might have adjusted the criteria some (no international competitions currently), but the general vibe is definitely still the same (which also explains why Rybakova/Makhnonosov were moved up to the main Sr National team in Ice Dance, because with S/D splitting, there are only 5 Sr teams who have fulfilled the criteria).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
the thing is though that RusFed doesn't seem too thrilled about it, as the source says they are not confident it will go through for sure
RusFed can only keep them for so long - They'll definitely try (and they are trying already, as A/R applied for the release before the May meeting at which everyone else was released), but RusFeds own rules make it impossible to keep skaters indefinitely.

Them not getting the release permit before July probably means they can't compete internationally next season anyway (the clearance certificate has to be applied for by the first of July, and anything else would require an exception from the ISU).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
:clap:Gosh, I hope these transfers will show up in next year's GP. I'll be so happy to see everyone I could have never seen live before live!!!
Titova is too young, A/R won't be released in time for next season, so they won't be able to get any GP assignments in 2025/26, Morozov/Chen probably won't even be a team by then (unless their track records cancel each other out šŸ¤£), but Samodelkina and Geinish/Chigirev have pretty good chances to get assignments in 2025/26 if they skate throughout the 2024/25 season.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Titova is too young, A/R won't be released in time for next season, so they won't be able to get any GP assignments in 2025/26, Morozov/Chen probably won't even be a team by then (unless their track records cancel each other out šŸ¤£), but Samodelkina and Geinish/Chigirev have pretty good chances to get assignments in 2025/26 if they skate throughout the 2024/25 season.
i'd think Samo will do JGP - Titova most likely as well, Geinish/Mironov would likely do challengers. if they do one early enough they may end up getting to go to GP in case of withdrawals. Akopova/Rakhmaninov may be able to do Worlds in the best case scenario, likely tho we won't see them until 2025-26 season

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
i'd think Samo will do JGP - Titova most likely as well, Geinish/Mironov would likely do challengers. if they do one early enough they may end up getting to go to GP in case of withdrawals. Akopova/Rakhmaninov may be able to do Worlds in the best case scenario, likely tho we won't see them until 2025-26 season
Yeah, what I wrote is about the 2025/26 season, i.e. the 2025 GP circuit next year. The spots for this year's GP have basically already been distributed, the only thing a skater can do now is win a Challenger to get a chance at getting a spot when someone else withdraws.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I still plan on watching skating in 2025-2026! This news actually make it even more likely that I continue!!! :dance3: Makes challengers more exciting too!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Seniors:
Reserve team:

Elizaveta Osokina / Artem Gritsaenko

Juniors:
Main team:

Alisa Blinnikova / Alexei Karpov
Kira Domozhirova / Ilya Vegera
Varvara Medvedeva / Pavel Astakhov
Vlada Selivanova / Viktor Potapov
Valeria Khodykhina / Alexei Belkin