2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm blaming the falls and pops on the lateness of the time the girls will rock their skates

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Before full results and protocols: I think darling either forgot to update his planned program content or he has gone mad. His sheet says he will do a 4s3t 4t 3a short and 4s3t 4t 4s 3lz3lo 3a2a2a 3a 3f free. HE WINCED AFTER JUMPING A SINGLE QUAD SAL. I am going to die

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Day 2 results

Junior Men

1 DONGHAN YU KOR 160.06
2 JAEWOOK CHUNG KOR 142.00
3 TAEHWAN KIM KOR 135.13
4 AARON KIM KOR 132.15
5 YESUNG KIM KOR 122.66
6 YEHWANG CHOI KOR 109.86
7 YECHANG CHOI KOR 102.17

Junior Women

1 HARIN JANG KOR 156.75
2 JIYOON LEE KOR 155.48
3 JIYU KIM KOR 154.20
4 GUNHEE KIM KOR 153.65
5 HYEWON JOO KOR 140.23
6 DOI CHA KOR 138.15
7 INKYONG PARK KOR 135.35
8 HAYOUNG PARK KOR 130.21
9 SENA PARK KOR 129.85
10 CHAEEUN JEON KOR 123.42
11 NAYOUNG YU KOR 121.01
12 JIHYO KIM KOR 114.16
13 YOONSEO LEE KOR 111.12
14 GAHEUN KIM KOR 108.33
15 HAYEON KIM KOR 106.66
16 HAYUL JO KOR 105.50
17 YUNA CHO KOR 104.02
18 CHAEA PARK KOR 103.92
19 RAEIN LEE KOR 103.73
20 SOI CHOI KOR 102.34
21 SUA IM KOR 101.86
22 CHAERYEONG LIM KOR 94.67
23 JIMIN YOON KOR 93.11
24 HARAM PARK KOR 90.21

Protocols

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So Jun, Minkyu, and Sihyeong competing whilst injured still? :( I don't know if Sihyeong's recovered but that runthrough from Minkyu is scaring me and Jun has appeared to inherit Yuzu's haunted ankles. Oh, KSU, you are going to burn in hell.
1) Darling is still clearly injured, his ankle is not okay. He marked all but two of his jumps during the runthrough and jumped a total of like 6 jumps during evening practice. And as I said he winced after landing a quad sal. And yet his planned program content. I am going insane.
2) Minkyu is worrying me as well, he limped a bit after getting up from that fall. And he didn't do much jumps after the runthrough ended, or at least I didn't see him jumping (but I was concentrating on my darling).
3) Sihyeong seems to be better than at the ranking competition but his quad toe hasn't come back yet, maybe he's still injured. Shoot me.

labgoat

On special assignment for work, see you in August
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do they skate in reverse order for the free skates? I am trying to update the REWATCH lists before settling down to watch the videos.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Aaron sm, lol, I saw him at the ranking comp and just loved his program! His whole costume deserves an award, music is pretty good, rlly nice twizzles + he's got great presentation. Kid's going places, lol. Nice job, Aaron!
Junior Men Short Impressions
The Choi boys Yehwang and Yechang need more speed and attack going into their jumps. Early days it seems for these boys. They are here to learn.

Kim Taehwan had a nice program to Bring Him Home. Decent attack on the jumps although not without misses. Very solid 2A and nice presentation.

Kim Aaron's got swag and style with that pink suit. He also had the best attacks so far in his group at the triples. He can have a future in men and/or dance. Best energy in his choreography also. One to watch grow up.

Kim Yesung has nice attack on the 2A and overall,. A big miss on the opening 3S of the combo. He uses his knees well and gets into his edges including a hydroblade.

Yu Donghan in bright pink top blazer and black shirt, pants is a confident performer and attacked his 3L-3T combo to his Elvis music. Nice ride out of the 2A. Gonna keep an eye on this young man. He seems so at ease in the K & C - like he is exactly where he wants to be.

Chung Jaewook in black and white is the smallest guy in the group with a full mop of hair and large personality. As he gains more strength his moves will be bigger with more flow out of them. Nicely musical and skated better as time went on in the program. Another one to watch grow up.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
@labgoat The Choi twins are like 19, so not really early days. They're just doing what they can and I appreciate that.

Aaron cannot be consistent with his jumps, but he is such a showman. I so need him to find a partner and switch to dance.

Donghan is growing up nicely, he's the youngest out of the junior men and yet he's the one with the most stable jumps. He'll move on to domestic seniors soon I think.

My lil nephew Jaewook is adorable, isn't he. He rotates fast so he just needs the power (which will come with time) to do the harder triples. I expect him to win the junior men's department once Donghan moves up!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior Ladies Short Impressions to follow...
Group 1
1 CHO Yuna is a strong confident performer with solid technique and a flirty start in front of the judges. Nice opening skate.
2 IM Sua skates to Sing Sing Sing in black and white striped top. Confident performer, a bit slow in the footwork and the jumps seem a bit small.
3 LEE Haena in shades of blue and teal skates to LaLa Land takes her time on the jumps and completes them although rotations may be an issue. A bit off time with the music. Nice twizzles in the footwork.
4 PARK Jueun in purple, pastel blue and silver needs some work on basic skating and footwork. Jumps are spinny and small. She has some strength but needs help making her skating match the power of her pop music.
5 JEONG Subin in deep shades of green skates to Riverdance with very nice style and spins. Simpler content in the jumps but decently done. More ice coverage would help her.
6 NOH Yelim in white and lavender skates to Yanni cleanly and neatly but without a lot of difficulty, power nor flow which would help her overall impression. I wish more skaters used his music.

Group 2
8 JO Hayeon in bright fuchsia skates to Soul Sister confidently, but unfortunately throws herself in to a 2A and misses. I agree that ice dance is where this natural performer would really shine. An attention grabbing skating style wise but not jump-wise. Really cute girl with a lot of natural personality.
9 KIM Chan in black skates to a bluesy song. Cautious on the 2A, solid spins.
10 LEE Yuna in white and turquoise skates to Send in the Clowns. She needs to step up into the 2A,, decent 2-2 combo. Skating is shy and small.
11 YOON Jimin dressed in white, grey and silver skates confidently into her jumps with nice lift and rotation and steadiness and speed.

Group 3
13 YEON Chaeju dressed in peach color dress has solid basic skills and nice posture and bauer. Jumps were a bit of a struggle.
14 SEO Chaeeun in turquoise and purple and blue skated to a modern version with percussion of Clair de Lune that does not suit her delicate style.
17 KIM Sihyun in white and pale blue opens with a lovely spiral and skates to a female cover of a Josh Groban song. Lovely youthful skater with tiny jumps.
18 LIM Chaeryeong in a navy jumpsuit with silver trim skates to The Mask. She needs some polish on her footwork, she is a strong jumper skater but the axel got away today. She leads at this point.

Group 4
21 JO Hayul in bright fuchsia/purple skates to Don Quixote with beautiful posture and nice technique on her jumps. Lovely interpretation. I enjoyed her a great deal.
23 LEE Raein in black with peach/pink(?) underskirt and silver trim skates to La Cumparsita with elegance and style, a bit timid on the 2A. Very nice spins.
24 PARK Haram in royal blue and silver skates to bluesy music that segs into old school rock and roll. She skates with power that matches her music and interprets her music well and confidently.

Group 5
25 CHOI Soi dresed in green with black and white trim channels her inner Chen Lu skating to Beetlejuice and gives us the first 3LZ
26 KIM Hayeon in white with light blue overskirt skates to to the Skaters's Waltz. Lovely balletic style and presence, very nice jumps and spins. Fall on 2A.
27 PARK Chaea dressed in off-white and shows off excellent jumping with an especially nice 2A skating to an Irish ballad. Very stylish with great spins. Very mature stylish skater. First place by me.
28 CHA Doi in glittery gold and bronze & silver trim skates to percussion with a big 2axel for her tiny size and pulls off some big content attacking with very good speed and with very good posture and style to take the lead.
29 KIM Gaheun in dark grey with purple/silver trimmed dress skates as Roxie Hart. Big fall on opening jump. Recovers nicely on second jump.
30 LEE Yoonseo in white, purple and green dress skates to operatic music and struggles with 3S. Nice presentation and spins. Music changes to modern percussive version of earlier theme. Sounds like music used by Emanuel Sandhu.

Group 6
31 PARK Sena in black and grey trimmed dress skates a nice 3loop-combo. step-out on 2A. Nice spins. She looks like she is going to skate to Swan Lake but the modern music is confusing but it goes into second.
32 JEON Chaeeun in a black ombre jumpsuit skates with nice power to a modern moody piece of music. Good quality to everything she does. Nice performance but not really memorable for me.
33 KIM Jihyo dressed in party pink with silver headband skates big for her size and bravely goes after a big lutz - but misses. She carries a lot of speed. Another stepout miss on 2A. She has the presence of a Lipinski or Minsol Kwon. Beautiful spins. Still into third.
34 PARK Hayoung in mint green and silver trim skates to The Rainbow. Another Lipinski size skater with a 3LZ. Nice spins but not quite the speed of Tara. Ahead of the previous skater.
35 YU Nayeong in bright purple with silvery trim to symphonic accordion of French music that opens with a nice combo but misses the axel entirely.
36 JOO Hyewon in black corset dress skates to Swan Lake with speed and power. Very strong skating that puts her in second.

Warm-up Group 7
37 KIM Gunhee in pastel yellow with white dress. Daily video has no sound- no idea what music is - use individual link to hear music. Very clean and polished skating. Into the lead.
38 LEE Jiyoon in mint green and shades of blue Kimono style dress. Strong opening jump combination and solid double axel. Music is from the Last Emperor. Excellent 3F.
39 PARK Inkyong dressed in red and trimmed in black and white skates to Hernando's Hideaway. She sits down on 3F after cautious entry. Nice 2A and 3LZ. Good spins. Down in 5th.
41 KIM Jiyu in fluffy pink skirt and black leather jacket skates to Sweet Dreams with big 2A and fast spins. Very speedy skater with big 3Lz. New leader!
42 JANG Harin in black dress with silver trim and gold boot tights? skating to a modern Swan Lake with fall on flying sitspin. She gets a solid 3LZ done.Into 4th.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AARON IS BLOWING KISSES CHRIST ON A POGO STICK

Lad seriously try ice dance you can waltz without them bothersome jumps in ice dance
Be patient with this young man. I watched Rudy Galindo go through a similar trajectory where he was enthralled with his artistic freedom and missed so many jumps he was capable of landing. In time he will want a complete skate and better placements and opportunities. In time he will tire of watching lesser skaters pass him by. For now he has found a place to be free and that is enough for right now.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So Jun, Minkyu, and Sihyeong competing whilst injured still? :( I don't know if Sihyeong's recovered but that runthrough from Minkyu is scaring me and Jun has appeared to inherit Yuzu's haunted ankles. Oh, KSU, you are going to burn in hell.
According to Korean fans at Four Conts 2023, they are going there anyway.....