53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info | Golden Skate

53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb is scheduled to take place in Sisak, Croatia, December 9-11, 2021. It is the ninth and final event of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

LIVE STREAM DAY 1

LIVE STREAM DAY 2

LIVE STREAM DAY 3

Last edited by a moderator:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
A little mistake on the entry lists for pairs though: I don't think Charlene Guignard and Marco Fabbri will be skating in the Pairs event (they're also listed in Ice Dance, which seems to be a better place!).
That would be exciting! Marco did used to skate singles competitively, so maybe he can still jump and fancied giving pairs a try! :laugh:
I imagine they're hoping to make the GPF anyway (they already have a silver and will be favourites to win another silver at Rostelecom) so they may not appear in ice dance either.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know whether audiences are permitted at this event? There's nothing about tickets anywhere on the event page so I'm assuming not, but....?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I hope they give information about audiences permitted or not, and how many if so. I just went to an event 2 weeks ago where there was only information about the entry being free, but ultimately no spectators were allowed at all. That's a bit if a bummer if you haven driven over, and it's worse when you have flown I should think. I made a (friendly worded) complaint, but got no answer.

pearly

Record Breaker
According to the ISU page, event will be moved to Sisak and the junior competition has been canceled. The fact it's been moved may mean they are planning to allow an audience.

streams4dreams

On the Ice
Croatian news reported that the move to Sisak is because the usual venue was damaged in the earthquake last year (tportal.hr). In the same article, the mayor of Sisak explicitly states that she hopes the event will draw a new audience from Sisak, so it sounds like visitors are at least planned. The covid situation has been pretty rough lately and today is the first day covid passes are required for entry into government buildings, so that might explain why ticketing info hasn't been released yet.

Sackie

Medalist
So disappointed that CAN is not entering any women or Dance Team here. We have so many that need to get out there in front of the judges more and more. After rewatching Madeline's Skates form cup of RUS I really think had she been better known her score would have been about 10-15 points higher. And we have several 2nd tier Dance Teams that are doing well and need to keep the momentum going.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So disappointed that CAN is not entering any women or Dance Team here. We have so many that need to get out there in front of the judges more and more. After rewatching Madeline's Skates form cup of RUS I really think had she been better known her score would have been about 10-15 points higher. And we have several 2nd tier Dance Teams that are doing well and need to keep the momentum going.
totally agree... at the same time, so happy that our boys are getting out !