53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
totally agree... at the same time, so happy that our boys are getting out !
Not only them. Pairs teams are going to have a pre-nationals rehearsal at an international competition.
The main thing now is that the event not to be cancelled due to that damn omicron.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not only them. Pairs teams are going to have a pre-nationals rehearsal at an international competition.
The main thing now is that the event not to be cancelled due to that damn omicron.
agreed for the pairs.. but at least they had other events... haven't seen Jo and Conrad much this season...

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
wow, big names there, especially in pairs and men. Does anyone know why Gumennik is on the entry list? I thought you can't get points for more than two Challengers?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
wow, big names there, especially in pairs and men. Does anyone know why Gumennik is on the entry list? I thought you can't get points for more than two Challengers?
I think it’s two best, so I suppose he is trying to improve his results? There are a few people on the list of challengers participants who did 3 challengers this year.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
He's going to the GPF! (Assuming it doesn't get cancelled)

Entries probably haven't been updated yet.
I rememberedremembered after I posted that he is going to the final. I just wasn't thinking at that moment.☹ My bad!

Sackie

Medalist
Wonder if Phan from CAN will be here since he is also on the list for the CAN Challenge this week.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wonder if Phan from CAN will be here since he is also on the list for the CAN Challenge this week.

Good question! It sometimes takes a while for ISU to update the entries. They like to wait until they get more than once to do the task at the same time.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Have they come out with any statement that says that for sure this event is going on as planned? It seems odd that they wouldn't at least confirm it's continuation.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, wow, gala too! At this point GS is starting to look a tiny bit like Nebelhorn.

The Golden Spin does normally have a Gala. In fact, one of my all-time favourite Gala programmes was performed by a couple of Croatian skaters at the Golden Spin back in 2013:

Hana Kosić and Tena Čopor - 2013 Golden Spin Of Zagreb EX

I really can't believe that was as long as 8 years ago! :drama:

But, I get your point. Galas are getting few and far between nowadays, due to organisers being cautious because of the pandemic.

CaroLiza_fan