Adeliia Petrosian | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adeliia Petrosian

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I presume the final list will be available just before the stage, like in both previous cases. But I would like to hear any info whether Adeliya is OK. Though I guess it depends on the family whether they want to inform about eventual health problems.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Adeliya has been spotted in the dance classes with Zelezhnyakov.
That's where I saw her too. But she withdrew from the test skates in the last minute already. Sergei said that time that in the very morning before the SP she started to feel the pain in her knee so as a precaution they decided to withdraw. Then we saw her in training and dance lessons, so I was hopinfg it was just a minor problem, but now she withdrew from the stage soon before the competition again.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

* Short Program - 1st 76.60 : 2A, 3Lz, CCoSp4 (B), 3F+3T (+10%), FCSp4 (B), StSq3, LSp4 (B) (BV 32.35, GOE 12.95, PCS 31.20)

Contemporary tango at its best. Fast, quirky, edges, cuts, corners, jumps, everything ... Well done, little tiger cub, Adeliya Tigranovna.

#СделаноВХрустальном!

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
x5_oKrAQtPw.jpg

Here are some of today's pictures with Adeliya, thanks to the sponsoring Figurist store.

Rewatching today's video a few times, Adeliya seems glad to be competing and in full command and knowledge over her capabilities, calmly analysing her routine, freely talking with Dudakov in the K&C.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

or https://www.1tv.ru/-/viizl

* Free Program - 2nd 130.68 : 2A, 3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 2A, FCSp4, 3F+3T (+10%), 3Lz+1Eu+3Sq (+10%), 3F (+10%), FCCoSp4 (B), StSq3, CCoSp4 (B) (BV 60.25, GOE 8.75, PCS 61.68)

She probably wished for skating a little better in the small details, but almost melt the ice in her glowing red routine.

1st place in first start of the season. So well done, little Red Arrow.

Cool thing, Adeliya rising with 'lightweight performance' on the boards behind her.

And when she is off the ice, the DJ plays "She's a maniac, maniac on the floor", LOL

#СделаноВХрустальном!

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Adeliya being decorated with her Gold medal:
0P2cTPB34

The medalists:

B099.jpg

Interview by Olga Yermolina:

She seems to have quite a character in answering the questions, which is good as she thinks for herself.

Her free program is not yet fully worked out.

Press quotes with Adeliya from TASS:

" I was a little worried at first - I was a little scary to let the coaching staff down.

" After I withdrew from the test skates [due to injury], they prepared me, prepared, prepared, and then go out and show nothing?
Fortunately, the short program was a success for me, I am happy with it, in the free program I started to mess around in my jumps a little, so this skating run does not please me very much. "

" I think the excitement and the fact that I hadn’t performed for a long time affected me - I felt it. I wanted to perform and it was a little scary. Plus, a competition without spectators is a minus in support. I know worrying over me are the coaches, my mother, my whole family, but the audience was really missing. "

" I really respect Yevgeniya Medvedeva, she is a very nice person. This comparison even somehow lifts my spirits. Sometimes Yevgeniya and I even manage to skate on the same ice. "

About the triksel: "But where then, should I try it?" But, she says, she wants to learn a quadruple Toeloop by the end of the season:

" I am trying to learn a quadruple Toeloop, and as soon as the serious competitions are over, we will try to learn it. My next start is in Moscow. "

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Adeliya shared in an interview with a TASS reporter (who shared his interview on Telegram) that she wants to learn the 4T after the serious competitions are over.

"Adelia Petrosyan told how she relates to the comparisons with Zhenya Medvedeva:
"I really respect Evgenia Medvedeva, she is a very good person. Such a comparison even somehow lifts my spirits. Sometimes Evgenia and I even manage to skate on the same ice."
It turned out funny about the triple axel. When asked if he was in the plans, Adelya gave out: "Where’s it, I'll just try it." But, she says, she wants to learn a quadruple toe loop by the end of the season:

"I am trying to learn a quadruple toe loop, and as soon as serious competitions are over, we will try to learn it. My next start is in Moscow (at the final stage of the Russian Cup, which will be held from 5 to 8 December - TASS comment)."
*Warning:Translation made with GT*

Edit: TASS now published the interview on their website

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

at around the 2:00 mark, notice Adeliya's yorkie on the shelf ...

My hashtag #СделаноВХрустальном! (Made in Khrustalniy) taking off? :) :)

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Adelia's long programme music is the same as Alexander Abt's SP at Salt Lake City, love it!
I only discovered now that it's called 'Artsakh'... Makes sense because Adelia (and Arutunian, Abt's coach at the 2002 Olympics) are Russo-Armenian. Hoping for a peaceful resolution to the Artsakh/Nagorno-Karabakh conflict soon :pray:

PS I don't really think of Medvedeva when watching her. Stylistically she seems to be a fierce and speedy firecracker like Trusova :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
Adelia's long programme music is the same as Alexander Abt's SP at Salt Lake City, love it!
I only discovered now that it's called 'Artsakh'... Makes sense because Adelia (and Arutunian, Abt's coach at the 2002 Olympics) are Russo-Armenian. Hoping for a peaceful resolution to the Artsakh/Nagorno-Karabakh conflict soon :pray:

PS I don't really think of Medvedeva when watching her. Stylistically she seems to be a fierce and speedy firecracker like Trusova :)

Agreed! Those comparisons with Evgenia Medvedeva have me scratching my head in bewilderment. Unless it's a sort of comparison of contrasts. To my eye, they're so different in almost every aspect of their skating. (And thinking back to EM at a similar age and subsequently.) I have to assume it's based rather shallowly on shared national background or slim build (though no one could call Adeliya lanky).

Can see why you'd mention Alexandra Trusova. Adeliya incorporates stylistic moves that remind me of Alexandra's, particularly from her Four Seasons season. Though already more accomplished, dare I say :)

Last edited: