Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier

moonvine

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure she's a "regular" customer of Lisa McKinnon. She is always very well-dressed. I am really enjoying seeing her skate with Brandon. I love Chris, and when he was healthy, he was an amazing partner for her. As of late, I was beginning to feel like he was holding her back. She looks so happy, and Chris seems to be super supportive. Definitely sad for Haven (and Tarah Kayne) too. Their injuries were really tough...Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself moonvine. So happy for you! :clap:
I did! It’s funny you should mention him holding her back. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I thought her nervousness was more for him than for herself. She is dubious. But it’s not like I know Alexa personally so we will probably never know!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
I did! It’s funny you should mention him holding her back. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I thought her nervousness was more for him than for herself. She is dubious. But it’s not like I know Alexa personally so we will probably never know!
On the other hand, skaters express themselves emotionally, most of them do anyway and that's a big draw for me at least. So I think what we interpret and intuit through our emotions and theirs may often be quite valid. And I definitely also had the feeling that Alexa was always "watching" Chris and worrying about him, and that affected her jumping. She's freed from that with Brandon. Of course, with all of Chris's injuries in the past few years, it's not surprising she'd be half looking out to make sure he didn't hurt himself. I also felt during the last couple of years that Chris didn't want to be "out there" and was doing it for Alexa. So it was great that he got what he really wanted, #1. to retire, and #2. for her to continue.