Amazing Skaters Who Never Won An Individual World Or Olympic Medal | Golden Skate

Amazing Skaters Who Never Won An Individual World Or Olympic Medal

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There are often amazing skaters who for whatever reason - timing,injuries,nerves whatever who never won a world or olympic medal but worthy of honour and often deserving accolades they never managed to obtain during their competitive days. I think of skaters like the Knerims in pairs could have won a medal with their amazing twist. Or a charming skater with amazing jumps when on like Josee Chouinard. Alena Kostornaia was a agreat skater but things just didn't pan out. Viktoria Volchkova could never do better than third at Euros but was anexplosive skater as was Tatiana Malinina mother of the current men's world champion. Lisa Marie Allen was often in the shadow of Linda Fratianne but was a gorgeous skater.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Speaking of the Senior level World or Olympic medal:
Han Yan.
And Marin Honda! She had a gold and a silver in junior worlds but nothing higher than bronze GPF as a senior. Then again, do team medals count? - Kevin Reynolds has a team OSM (and a very impressive list of achievements!) but no individual Olympic or World medals.

Going back to none at all... Mai Mihara 😢, Nobunari Oda, Florent Amodio, Misha Ge, Nam Nguyen, Dmitri Aliev. Maxim Kovtun may not be my cup of iced tea but given his list of achievements it is amazing that he never got any of those top ones.

Last edited:

Karoltyna

Rinkside
Country
Poland
I had one more sweetheart who never medaled, not even at Euros. Vakhtang Murvanidze from Georgia. The way he saved his lutz (and many of his other jumps) at Euros 2000 short 😍 And the way he presented his programs was a bit of Candeloro-style.