Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can she go back to Agelina Turenko and train with Sima in St Petersburg yet :devil:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5th in sp and 3rd in lp? smh. What is she competing against Alina Zhenya and Liza? :eeking:

Just juniors skaters. Actually the top 3 were all juniors (Anastasia included). They have to be prepared to compete earlier than the senior ladies so it's not surprising. Hopefully Anastasia can do a little better on at least her levels for her next competition. Hopefully she gets some Challenger events in the coming months.

acronycal0730

Rinkside
Considering that Nastya is dealing with puberty and boot issues, her performance here is actually not bad. She does have the ability to skate clean programs but needs to pay attention to underrotation problem (for 3Lz3T/3Lz3Lo) and spins.

Her free program is very beautiful, short program doesn't suit her very much but it is a good thing to try different style.

Will still support her and see how she develop in this season :agree:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Can she go back to Agelina Turenko and train with Sima in St Petersburg yet :devil:

Sam why do you want Anastasia to go back to Peter the Great's city and yet another coach albeit her former coach? She just started working with Elena a few months ago.

I guess I'm partial to Anastasia maybe I unjustly think her scores should be much higher because the two videos I saw at this latest competition look absolutely lovely with greater speed and skill that I've ever seen from her before. But something is missing because she should be scoring way over 200 points as beautiful a skater as she is. Then again what the hell do I know she may be on a perfectly normal arc in developing for a 15 year old female figure skater. It's just in Russia with those three incredible Juniors a little bit younger than her and Medvedeva and Zagitova and their greatness. We think others Anastasias age should be better than they are when they're in a perfectly normal career development. If Anastasia was in Canada or America or Belarus she would be the number 1 15 year old female figure skating Junior. In Russia she's lost in the shuffle trying to stand out amongst the immense talent.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I thought switching to Buyanova would increase her scores... not deflate them

I'm hoping it's a Russian thing and once she's out of the country of Russia and skating like this elsewhere her scores will be higher.
But I just dont know. I don't think her country's figure skating experts have much respect for Anastasia. She has to change that and if she keeps skating as well as she did at this last competition she should be able to change that.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I thought switching to Buyanova would increase her scores... not deflate them
This would be true if the performance had remained the same. But if her tangible performance becomes worse, than even Buianova's influence can't do much about it. That's one of the reason some of us weren't very welcoming of this coaching change. Still, what's done is done. While it was a relatively disappointing performance, there still is a real chance that she's able to get to the Russian nationals, especially if she manages to win the next Cup of Russia stage. It appears that she's going to participate in the very next one.

According to the preliminary entries, the next stage would have in the senior category:
Radionova, Tsurskaya, Panenkova, Tarakanova, Vasilieva

I've got to say, she could have chosen a slightly less difficult event...

Scott512

Record Breaker
This would be true if the performance had remained the same. But if her tangible performance becomes worse, than even Buianova's influence can't do much about it. That's one of the reason some of us weren't very welcoming of this coaching change. Still, what's done is done. While it was a relatively disappointing performance, there still is a real chance that she's able to get to the Russian nationals, especially if she manages to win the next Cup of Russia stage. It appears that she's going to participate in the very next one.

According to the preliminary entries, the next stage would have in the senior category:

A relatively disappointing performance by Nastya? Wow were you one of the judges who kept her total scores under 200 points? ;)

Dont you think she should work with Elena for at least 1 year to see where ittakes Nastya. I dont want her to change coaches so soon after joining Elena.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
A relatively disappointing performance by Nastya? Wow were you one of the judges who kept her total scores under 200 points? ;)
I was primarily referring to the results, specifically the placement achieved.

And yes, she's most likely going to continue working with Buianova. Hopefully she does well.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

some of them can WD, because all seniors who take part in 2 stages of Grand Prix are automatically qualified for RusNat so Cup isn't neccesary for them

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
some of them can WD

Some of them did withdraw (Vasilieva/Istomina) including Anastasia. Tarakanova has a JGP during this so she will miss too. Pity, I think she could have did well against the remaining ladies and whoever St. Pete is going to send except maybe 1 skater. Oh well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
How is she supposed to get better and develop to her full potential if she never skates in real competition?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are her other options for competitions, is it possible for her to get a good enough SB to move to seniors next year (to get a senior GP otherwise there'd be no point of moving)?

There are still 3 Challengers where the entry list have not come out yet that she can try and get assigned to at least 2 and try to get a SB. Hopefully her levels and under-rotations will be fixed by then. Thankfully they are during the GP so her chances are good for the first 2 out of the 3. You can do a max of 3 Challengers. Then there are several Senior Bs where she can get qualifying scores (not SB though) in order to go to Europeans/Worlds (if she qualified) where she can get SB for next season.

And only Anastasia can say whether moving or not was a good decision. She's probably thinking beyond this season as getting at least a Senior GP was pretty low. It's unfortunate she had skate problems prior to Junior test skates.