Are my skates too big? | Golden Skate

Are my skates too big?

amyskates

Spectator
I’ve skated in these (Jackson Freestyle) for a couple of months now, and i’ve always felt they just fit right and never had any problems skating with it. I thought i wanted to do skating for fun, but i had a change of mind and want to take it serious. Hence, i wanna make sure everything will go right. But today i pulled out the insoles, and it shows that i scrunched my toes alot. But on the other hand, it fits just fine when i put my feet on top of it. Help me…i’m confused😭 have i been wearing skates that are too big?

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
They may be a bit too big however if you feel fine in it and don’t see a big problem then I wouldn’t worry too much about it. If it was an issue you’d know.

christy

On the Ice
I'd say they are a bit too big for you, and suggest you ask for suggestions on the best boot fitters in your area to get measured and fitted properly.

Crystal Rainbows

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Definitely look too big - but what type of socks are you wearing? If you were originally planning to be a leisure/recreational skater I am sure they are fine. But if you want to take it more seriously then, sizing down and wearing skate socks or thinner socks will change your skate size for sure

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Definitely look too big - but what type of socks are you wearing? If you were originally planning to be a leisure/recreational skater I am sure they are fine. But if you want to take it more seriously then, sizing down and wearing skate socks or thinner socks will change your skate size for sure
Actually if they are planning to be a leisure/rec skater the skates should still fit or it's a bit dangerous. So yes, regardless, as we've all said upthread, the skates are too big!