Arlet Levandi ready for double duty (Video) | Golden Skate

Arlet Levandi ready for double duty (Video)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Estonia's Arlet Levandi is ready to pull double duty for the upcoming 2023-24 figure skating season. If not selected for Grand Prix assignments, he will compete on the Junior Grand Prix circuit. He also hopes to compete at any Challenger Series events as well as the 2024 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Good luck to Arlet in the coming season. It is always a dream come true for there to be skaters who like the artistic side of the sport from a young age.

I am glad he is going to do another season in Juniors, where we all will get to see him. I hope he at least manages to get his 3A consistent this year.

The Sister Mary who set up the English language program in his school clearly had an amazing system for learning English. Arlet's fluency in English is very impressive.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It's so nice to hear Arlet's speaking voice. He has a pleasant, deep voice and he seems quite mature and grounded for his age. Also, he appears modest, and at the same time he exudes great confidence. That's a good blend for figure skating. He definitely converses so well in English. I didn't know that his father was an Olympic medal-winning ski jumper, but I knew his mother is a former skater.

It's nice gaining insight into Arlet's personality and his training. I noticed his unique artistry the first time I saw him skate in juniors. I hope he can conquer his tech difficulty on quads and 3-axel. It might serve him well if his mother also allows him to consult with a technical expert who is top-level at teaching jumps. I look forward to seeing Arlet's new sp choreographed by one of the skaters he looked up to, Florent Amodio.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Long live Arlet! I love watching him skate, 3A or no. He is so artistic, such a joy. And he's just the young guy to work with Florent!
Yes, indeed. He's just so interesting artistically. The jumps in fs are so overweighted and the overemphasis has adversely affected so many careers. I don't think uber jumpers who don't possess artistry and musicality, should be as over-rewarded as they are in this sport. Ideally, there should be more of an emphasis on balance.

I really want to see that exhibition from Arlet which they showed a clip of. It's fascinating how Arlet said he did ballroom or Latin dance previously, which he feels helped give him a sensitivity for music and artistry. It's also his intellectual maturity, I think, that enhances his strong, intuitive creativity on the ice. šŸ˜€