Aurora Games Festival ? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Aurora Games Festival ?

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Alysa was awesome ... and so natural and, yes, I have to say it, with wonderful presentation way beyond her years. Simply an exquisite skater. Unbelievable jumping, all the way through, including difficult jumps near the end of the program.

I fell in love with her at nationals last year, and the way she's progressed since then is quite stunning. :rock: :love:

Now if we could just get her to fix the half tights over skating boots we'll be all set.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's interesting how the no-rules scoring at this event basically got it right. Alysa, then Ayaka Hosada , then Mirai and Konstantinova, then Ashley, next Isadora and finally, Isobel.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, they had to cheat a little with their ‘perfect scores’

All perfect scores should be equal, but some turned out more equal than others ;-)

Aurora Games were a nice event, but I doubt the idea will be commercially sustainable.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I actually think with more promotion it could be a sustainable event (even in the US). It's like an even *less* serious version of WTT, Japan Open, Shanghai Trophy... It's certainly an idea that could work in places like Japan, Russia, and perhaps Korea too.

ManiDani

Rinkside
It's interesting how the no-rules scoring at this event basically got it right. Alysa, then Ayaka Hosada , then Mirai and Konstantinova, then Ashley, next Isadora and finally, Isobel.

Isobel was deservedly ranked last, but she was my discovery of the competition. The jumps weren’t there, but I didn’t care because it was fun to watch her treat the rink as her dance floor. I hope they invite her back.

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
At this point, the Aurora Games have been announced to return to Albany in 2021 and 2023. Hopefully they can learn from the first events and improve on them.

frida80

Record Breaker
:sarcasm:

I am still miffed her Ayaka doesn’t have any international assignments yet. Hopefully they assign her Asian Open.

Aurora Games were a nice event, but I doubt the idea will be commercially sustainable.

I think that, at least in the United States, the promotional emphasis will be on, "Hey everybody, let's all get together for the celebration and advancement of women's sports." Not just figure skating. Maybe in the future they will be able to attract TV coverage of some of the other other sports as well.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that, at least in the United States, the promotional emphasis will be on, "Hey everybody, let's all get together for the celebration and advancement of women's sports." Not just figure skating. Maybe in the future they will be able to attract TV coverage of some of the other other sports as well.

I think they need to promote it more--and get it on network TV, if possible. I only watched the skating and the gymnastics, but I really enjoyed both. The two best parts were that it was live and that it used simpler scoring.