Australian figure skaters | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pairs FS is in about fifteen minutes. Hope Paris and Matthew have shaken off the week's disruption.

Men's FS is looking to be about 3am, with Andrew in the first group.

GF2445

Record Breaker
So very proud of our ladies' today.
Great job Brooklee and Kailani!
They now have a great platform to build their programs and scores.

For Kailani, keeping clean is the way to go.
For Brooklee, its all about getting that confidence and mileage back.

It would be interesting to see if they can get their program components up higher.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AEST times for Team Australia events at Ondrej Nepala (adjustment for Daylight Savings included)

Friday 2nd October

Men's short program (Andrew and Jordan): 00:45 - 03:50
Pairs short program (Paris and Matthew): 04:00 - 05:45

Pairs long program: 20:30 - 22:40

Sunday 4th October

Men's free skate: 03:15 - 06:45

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AEST times for Team Australia events at JGP Spain

Thursday 1st October

Ladies SP (Kailani): 22:15 - 03:00 (Friday)

Friday 2nd October

Men's SP (Darian): 03:30 - 07:20

Saturday 3rd October

Ladies' FS: 01:50 - 07:00

Men's FS: 23:20 - 03:40 (Sunday; Daylight Savings adjustment included).

Livestream on Youtube as per usual.

Please note that after this weekend all times that I give will be AEDT, being Daylight Savings time.

toots

Rinkside
Brooklee did so well and is a true champion. Its a shame she is not promoted and supported equally by Australian Figure skating.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I can not judge this,

but if you want to open a fan thread for her and need a proper introduction text, let me know. As I said before, the current months until mid January are those when I can get really involved in FS and will do my best to help and promote ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would say it "k -eye- lah - nee" sort of, but I have heard it said shortened up as "Ka-lah-nee". I don't know which is correct, but she's never complained! ;)

Her last name, of course, is obvious - Craine as Crane.

In super-exciting Team Australia news...LOOK WHO'S ON TOP OF THE CHALLENGER STANDINGS!

Men

Ladies

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

How cute is Kailani in this video?! She is just adorable!!!

In super-exciting Team Australia news...LOOK WHO'S ON TOP OF THE CHALLENGER STANDINGS!

Men

Ladies

Sorry to rain on your parade, karne, but I feel a bit of context needs to be added to that statement.

Just remember that Andrew has done 3 events whereas everybody else has just done the 2. So, it is no wonder that he is out in front.

Meanwhile in the Ladies, there are only 2 skaters that have done more than 1 event. Brooklee is one of them, but look who the other is. Evgenia Medvedeva! So, for Brooklee to be in front of somebody as highly rated as her says a lot about how well Brooklee is doing!

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How cute is Kailani in this video?! She is just adorable!!!

Sorry to rain on your parade, karne, but I feel a bit of context needs to be added to that statement.

Just remember that Andrew has done 3 events whereas everybody else has just done the 2. So, it is no wonder that he is out in front.

Meanwhile in the Ladies, there are only 2 skaters that have done more than 1 event. Brooklee is one of them, but look who the other is. Evgenia Medvedeva! So, for Brooklee to be in front of somebody as highly rated as her says a lot about how well Brooklee is doing!

CaroLiza_fan
Um...except that Zhenia only skated in one event. :yes:

Mariah Bell is the other who skated in two. :cool:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Sorry to pile-on, but the Dodds brothers are the only ones with multiple events. Everyone else has only done 1 event. ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Sorry to rain on your parade, karne, but I feel a bit of context needs to be added to that statement.

CaroLiza_fan

Um...except that Zhenia only skated in one event. :yes:

Mariah Bell is the other who skated in two. :cool:

Sorry to pile-on, but the Dodds brothers are the only ones with multiple events. Everyone else has only done 1 event. ;)

And I think you're taking karne's post entirely too seriously, CL_fan.
Somewhere else karne made a good-natured joke (JOKE) along the lines (IIRC) of wanting to cancel the rest of the Challenger series -- LOL -- so that Team Australia skaters could remain at the top of the rankings permanently.

I have no doubt that karne and other fans of Team Australia are well aware that most other men and ladies so far have scores from only one Challenger event, whereas Andrew and Brooklee already have two events each that count. (Andrew has competed in three, but only two count.)

Given that this thread is for fans of Team Australia, I am happy to let karne indulge in the temporary excitement of seeing Andrew and Brooklee at the top of the Challenger rankings.
Let's let her enjoy her excitement for as long as she can. She knows that it will not last forever.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait...I thought you were the OG stickler for details here. :)

FWIW I've always cheered on and supported Brooklee. In fact one of my friends has skated with her several times and adores her :yes:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gracious, perhaps I'd better write an "Australian Humour" program and do a remote download into everyone's sense of humour chip :laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
James Min is definitely skating to The Prayer. He has a MASSIVe cross on the front of his shirt. :jaw:

#JGPZagreb2015

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
The Australian girl has withdrawn from JGP such a shame - she is stunning on the ice but hasnt competed since Bratislava. Her marks were way down on past results. Does anyone know what is wrong with her??