Australian figure skaters | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Looks like Australia will be sending an ice dance team to Junior Worlds after all. Matilda and William got the TES at Colorado Springs. So good if we could get a pairs team as well!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Looks like Australia will be sending an ice dance team to Junior Worlds after all. Matilda and William got the TES at Colorado Springs. So good if we could get a pairs team as well!

Sad about pairs. There are no junior pairs teams who have met the ISA's minimum standards.
Great to see Mathilda and William qualify minimum TES scores. I am so happy for them. They have started the season with improved scores! Out of team Australia this weekend, I was most proud of them. They have only began competing together as a team internationally last year. I can't wait to see them get stronger as a team and as individual skaters.

I was a little sad for James' free skate and for Kailani's UR calls (as much as I rooted for her, the super slowmo is unforgiving). Good thing that Kailani has plenty more performance opportunities :) . She has the fire and determination to make a great push up the ranks but the jumps need to land backwards. For James, it's about confidence.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I heard through the grapevine that Brendan injured his foot.... :(

He's out of Salt Lake City :(

Yes, he posted a photo on his instagram a few days ago that had me worried, then he disappeared from the entry list today. There did not seem to be great concern about his foot, just that they wanted to get it right for Skate America, which is a good idea.

Per Lynn Rutherford:

Too bad, looks like Brendan Kerry @Br3ndan_ has withdrawn from Salt Lake City. Healing up foot for Skate America

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He had also withdrawn from Golden West last week, about the same time the ice bucket picture appeared. I have a feeling all eyes in their camp are on the big picture of the Grand Prix. Get him right for that, have him right for Australian Nationals a month later.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In an article on IceNetwork, Tammy Gambill speaks:

Kerry withdraws: Australian champion Brendan Kerry, who also trains under Gambill, hoped to compete in Salt Lake City but withdrew with a foot injury. "He's very disappointed; until the last minute, he hoped to compete," Gambill said. "We finally decided it was better to play it safe, rest up and heal for Skate America."

The fact that Brendan hoped to compete right up til the last minute reinforces my hope that this is not a very serious injury.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Andrew Dodds' SP at the U.S. Classic

And a re-mix by request of Andrew :biggrin:

Context:

@Team_PDD: Ask and ye shall receive, #DoddsSquad! @Andrew_Dodds' short program from earlier this evening: https://t.co/Oc4yjhcVVS

@Andrew_Dodds: @Team_PDD Ahhh Thank you so so much! Although a little disappointed there isn't any commentary or a Disney remix! ahaha

@Team_PDD: @andrew_dodds hahahaha. that could be arranged 😉

@Team_PDD: A vague suggestion from @Andrew_Dodds and now I've made him a Disney Dodds video. Whoopsie? https://t.co/otPmgvoVee

@Andrew_Dodds: @Team_PDD my life is complete. #disneydodds

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The hashtags on Twitter had me in absolute stitches. There was #GoDodds and #FireUpDodds and #DoddSquad. Even Jordan got in on the act, hashtagging himself as #DoddstheYounger later on.

I was at work all day so it's taken me til now to get most of the way through catching up. Andrew was wonderful. This is such a great program for him. :love:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Relevant AEST times for Nebelhorn Trophy this week:

25th Sept (FRI)

Pairs SP (Paris and Matthew): 0030-0210
Men SP (Andrew): 0400-0645

Ladies SP (Brooklee and Kailani): 1930-2215 <- PRIME TIME! :yes:
Pairs FS (Paris and Matthew): 2245-0040

26th Sept (SAT)

Men FS (Andrew): 0300-0615

Ladies FS (Brooklee and Kailani): 1830-2130 <- Prime time again! :yay:

Preliminary AEST times for Ondrej Nepala

2nd Oct (FRI)

Men SP (Andrew and Jordan): 0045-0350
Pairs SP (Paris and Matthew): 0400-0545

Pairs FS (Paris and Matthew): 2030-2240

3rd Oct (SAT)

Men FS (Andrew and Jordan): 0315-0645

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow. Great job Karne

You're welcome - I believe there will be streams for both comps, but will keep an ear out if that changes.

No-one assigned to Maldovian Ornament so far, so we might have a couple of weekends off between Ondrej and Skate America.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Exactly what I was worried about when I saw the tight turnarounds between SLC -> Nebelhorn -> Ondrej...

Andrew's tweeted that they're stuck in Chicago. Apparently their plane from Salt Lake City had to turn around with a mechanical problem, and they've missed all their connections...

Oh no. He's just tweeted that Delta lost their bags. And I'm guessing skates/costumes were in there *facepalm*

EDIT: Their flights have been sorted out apparently. No word on if the bags were found.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
A very great morning for our Ladies' (Women's) skaters.
Both Brooklee and Kailani earned SB score over 50 points.

Brooklee finishes the SP in 6th
and Kailani 8th only about 8 points off the pace.