Australian figure skaters | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Alex D

Record Breaker
Maybe they will then come to the Bavarian Open? ;) There is always something positive to be found.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Australia should realise how good Brooklee Han has been for figure skating . She earned spots for Chantal at youth and then they tried to give the spot she earned at Sochi to Chantal! Kailani is already being supported by olympic institute but failed to earn a spot at WYOG. Why has she been accepted so early ?

Baxel

Rinkside
From what I was told, Australia was on the standby list for the last WYOG and that was thanks to Brooklee Han... Chantelle was really lucky when the stand bys got to go. I just had a look at the list for the next WYOG and Australia is 3rd on the standby list, so maybe some other kid will get lucky too if the standbys get to go.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whoa guys. Why must we perpetually have this civil war over the ladies? We are very, very lucky here in Australia. We have not just one, but two international star quality ladies, and if Chantelle comes back strongly then we will have a ladies' top three such as we haven't seen in a decade or more. Can we not just focus on that?

Yes, we didn't get a spot in the YWOG. Seriously, though, is it really such a big deal? It's not like it's the actual Olympics. It doesn't actually mean anything in the overall context of the sport. It doesn't provide ranking points, season's bests, anything like that.

This weekend Brendan will make his Grand Prix debut. In four weeks' time Brooklee will skate at TEB. In seven weeks' time, we will have a National Championship that is simply bursting with potential. We have so much to be proud of and excited about when it comes to Team Australia. Let's not get caught up in a foolish civil war, shall we?

GF2445

Record Breaker
This weekend Brendan will make his Grand Prix debut. In four weeks' time Brooklee will skate at TEB. In seven weeks' time, we will have a National Championship that is simply bursting with potential. We have so much to be proud of and excited about when it comes to Team Australia. Let's not get caught up in a foolish civil war, shall we?

In Karne we trust

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Brendan really needs his own Fan Fest, now that he is in the GP.

Do any of you folks want to start one for him?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne is totally biased but do enjoy her take on things and dedication

Of course I am biased. I own it with pride. But all my biases in the world aren't what's making Brendan land stunning quads; they aren't what's making Andrew land a 3Lz softer than butter in the sun; they aren't what's making Brooklee's accelerating layback take my breath away; and they aren't what's making Kailani's bright energy light up a rink.

It is not bias to say that Team Australia has a lot to be excited about. We do. :yes:

Brendan really needs his own Fan Fest, now that he is in the GP.

Do any of you folks want to start one for him?

On it at lunchtime unless someone else gets there first!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brooklee is at the Denkova-Staviski Cup!

Ladies SP is at midnight TONIGHT! Brooklee skates 2nd in the first group.

Ladies FS is at 10:10 tomorrow night.

Live stream is here.

Adding here and will add in his own thread, the men's event times for Skate America in AEDT:

SP (Brendan will skate first in the first group): 13:25-15:00 SATURDAY 24 OCTOBER

LP: 13:05 - 15:00 SUNDAY 25 OCTOBER

brookes1968

Rinkside
Holly is a lovely skater but is very tiny for 12 years and at times looks over choreographed and her jumps are not that great. It will be interesting to see how she goes with the growth spurts sure to happen in next few years. She reminds me of those little Russian girls !

GF2445

Record Breaker
Was finally able to watch Brendan's Free Skate.
Breaking 200 points! Welcome to the big leagues!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was finally able to watch Brendan's Free Skate.
Breaking 200 points! Welcome to the big leagues!

There might've been some screaming involved. Okay, maybe a lot of screaming involved... :eek::

GF2445

Record Breaker
There might've been some screaming involved. Okay, maybe a lot of screaming involved... :eek::

Its taken him a while but its great to see his confidence back. It. Jstve been a moment for him pass the 200 pt mark as this was his first time receiving that for his total score. Best thing yet, he still has potential to grow his programs. If he can continue this and improve, he has a good chance of making the 3rd of 4th warm up free skate groups at The World Championships.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Its taken him a while but its great to see his confidence back. It. Jstve been a moment for him pass the 200 pt mark as this was his first time receiving that for his total score. Best thing yet, he still has potential to grow his programs. If he can continue this and improve, he has a good chance of making the 3rd of 4th warm up free skate groups at The World Championships.

To be honest, for me, the important part was that the free skate didn't completely go to pot. He fought his backside off for it. He made some small mistakes but he didn't let it rattle him. That's HUGE.