Austrian National Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Austrian National Championships

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Maurizio has really improved his jump stability, only one error on the combo where he popped the 3Lz-3T into a 3Lz-2T: 76.85

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was rewatching Mikutina’s skate and I noticed 2 things.

Firstly, was the K&C in the penalty box?

Secondly, the song and her outfit went together like peanut butter and jelly. Bonus points for having a song that referenced the protagonist wearing navy blue while she skated in a blue outfit. Well done.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Firstly, was the K&C in the penalty box?
Well, nowadays hockey is much more popular in Austria than figure skating. I also chased the puck for a long time before I ever put figure skates on my feet. :ROFLMAO: And I think with the Corona restrictions and no audience allowed, they just didn't bother with setting up a proper Kiss & Cry.
Secondly, the song and her outfit went together like peanut butter and jelly. Bonus points for having a song that referenced the protagonist wearing navy blue while she skated in a blue outfit. Well done.
Yes, Olga's programs are really coming together this season and she's starting to sell them very well. I sincerely hope she goes far in figure skating!

By the way, I just realized that seniors are skating quite early in the afternoon today. Not sure I will make it, we are invited to lunch at the in-laws. So please someone cheer on the ladies and guys for me just in case!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh no, the Alegria music always makes me think of Zhenya. :cry: But maybe we get to see it at the First Channel team event. Fingers crossed!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I really appreciate the maturity that Sophia brings to her skating. Even though the jumps didn't work out at the end, she never gave up on the program. She reminds me a bit of Stasya Konstantinova, in that she is a very elegant skater! 🥰

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olga. This performance was great. I love Experience and her pretty red dress. Her jumps and spins were good. Does she have her minimums for worlds? :cheer:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Olga. This performance was great. I love Experience and her pretty red dress. Her jumps and spins were good. Does she have her minimums for worlds? :cheer:
I'm pretty sure she has the SP minimum from last year's Europeans, not sure about the FS minimum. I need to check her results from Nebelhorn 2020.
Edit: Looks like she fulfilled the minimums at JÉGVIRÁG CUP 2020 (skating in Juniors). It's an international competition, so it should count for worlds, right?
Edit 2: Looks like it doesn't count, because she skated in Juniors. :oops:

Last edited: