Beginner blades easy ro spin on | Golden Skate

Beginner blades easy ro spin on

ellenvel

Rinkside
Dear all,

can you advise me of any good maybe even beginner = meaning cheaper blades that have good spin rocker and are easy to spin on for a child learning scratch and sit spins? She skates just for fun, no competing, therefore not necessary to buy expensive professional competition blades but she really wants to learn it seriously and at the usual level real figure skaters do it - many revolutions and fast spin (so no recreational skate blade like rentals have either). So we are searching for cheaper maybe entry level? blades easy to SPIN on. Can you help us what blades to look for? Thank you :)

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
If possible, could you please tell us the age of the child? As well as her approximate size (height and weight)? Also, do you know what boots she uses?

(I'm not the expert here, but I know that those experts will probably need this information in order to help you)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Coronation Ace. The traditional standard one, not lites.

Good luck!

ellenvel

Rinkside
Thank you Ic3Rabbit. Is there any even lower lever blade? Or anything below is hard to spin on? Any beginner blades to choose from?

From those of a better quality is coronation ace better than mk pro in connection with edea's higher heel? Or equal?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is there any even lower lever blade? Or anything below is hard to spin on? Any beginner blades to choose from?
Wilson used to have a blade one notch below the Coronation Ace, called the Majestic. It was discontinued around 6 or so years ago, I think. But some online resellers still have new old stock, sometimes at clearance prices [some local pro shops may have some squirreled away in their storage closet as well; they used to be a popular blade]. Find out what size you need, and you may luck out.

Elija

On the Ice
Thank you Ic3Rabbit. Is there any even lower lever blade? Or anything below is hard to spin on? Any beginner blades to choose from?

From those of a better quality is coronation ace better than mk pro in connection with edea's higher heel? Or equal?
There’s MK flight, but I believe they really are a beginner blade (not really great for spins and the like - sit spins are not a ‘beginner’ move, so any real beginner blades are unlikely to be appropriate). Just get coronation ace or mk pro, they’re pretty standard for anyone at that level, whether competing or not.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I think if she’s doing complicated moves, she needs the right blades. Competition doesn’t define what boots or blades a skater wears, the skills they work on do. Her coach would also be able to chime in on which blades might best suit her.