Beginner to intermediate Blade help. | Golden Skate

Beginner to intermediate Blade help.

amyrobertsonnz

Spectator
Hi everyone,

I am a few months into my skating journey as an adult. I have become to powerful for my Graf boots so have just been fitted for edea overture and need to pick a blade. I don’t like the rotation blade it comes with I tried a pair on the ice while being fitted and I was fight with the blade to even move. I am looking at the Jackson Mirage, aspire x and the coronation blade. I am a beginner working quickly through the UK skating program and haven’t started jumping just yet that is a couple of months away. My worry with the coronation is will that blade be too advanced for me? But I would like to buy a blade that will last me a good while

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone,

I am a few months into my skating journey as an adult. I have become to powerful for my Graf boots so have just been fitted for edea overture and need to pick a blade. I don’t like the rotation blade it comes with I tried a pair on the ice while being fitted and I was fight with the blade to even move. I am looking at the Jackson Mirage, aspire x and the coronation blade. I am a beginner working quickly through the UK skating program and haven’t started jumping just yet that is a couple of months away. My worry with the coronation is will that blade be too advanced for me? But I would like to buy a blade that will last me a good while
Why did you just not get a more advanced Graf boot? Why the switch to Edea?

Coronation Ace is your best choice and you should be fine on them. You don't want a crap beginner blade to continue on.

Good luck!

amyrobertsonnz

Spectator
Why did you just not get a more advanced Graf boot? Why the switch to Edea?

Coronation Ace is your best choice and you should be fine on them. You don't want a crap beginner blade to continue on.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! My skate tech only stocks the Bolero which I’m on now, and the 500. Coming from being a gymnast my entire childhood I need more stiffness and support but I also have quite a lot of power for a beginner which my tech doesn’t think will match well even with the 500s. I also have very slim feet so the fit of the edea was much better and actually hugged my feet. I was only fitted with my grafs because I hadn’t started lessons and we didn’t expect my improvement to happen so quickly so almost a good shock.

Perfect! They look like solid blades so will look forward to working with them

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for your reply! My skate tech only stocks the Bolero which I’m on now, and the 500. Coming from being a gymnast my entire childhood I need more stiffness and support but I also have quite a lot of power for a beginner which my tech doesn’t think will match well even with the 500s. I also have very slim feet so the fit of the edea was much better and actually hugged my feet. I was only fitted with my grafs because I hadn’t started lessons and we didn’t expect my improvement to happen so quickly so almost a good shock.

Perfect! They look like solid blades so will look forward to working with them
My point was that your tech should have been able to order a stiffer more advanced Graf boot if that brand worked for you. Boleros aren't stiff at all which is why they didn't support you in the first place.

amyrobertsonnz

Spectator
My point was that your tech should have been able to order a stiffer more advanced Graf boot if that brand worked for you. Boleros aren't stiff at all which is why they didn't support you in the first place.

I didn’t want another pair of Graf for my feet and the problems I have at the moment. Maybe down the line I could look at their more advanced boot but I asked to try the other brands he stocked to see how they felt and I felt edea was better for my foot as of now it was my choice to try other brands to find a fit that I liked as well as following his suggestions and the pros and cons of each boot

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Definitely Coronation Ace! Whatever boot you decide to go with, Coronation Ace is the right blade. Enjoy them. For many years to come. :cool: