Best butt pads? | Golden Skate

Best butt pads?

sydneyonice1

Spectator
Hey everyone!
I’m a 15 year old skater who’s starting double axel soon, so I really need good padding. I used to wear cheap skiing butt pads from Amazon, but they broke down super quickly and I’ve been skating without padding ever since. I’ve seen tons of brands and I’m not sure which are the best for skating, so any brand recommendations would be very appreciated! Thank you

WednesdayMarch

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
If you can find a brand that uses D30 for the padding, you're on to a winner. It's the gold standard in impact protection. I have Xion padded shorts and they've saved me from some nasty falls.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Hey everyone!
I’m a 15 year old skater who’s starting double axel soon, so I really need good padding. I used to wear cheap skiing butt pads from Amazon, but they broke down super quickly and I’ve been skating without padding ever since. I’ve seen tons of brands and I’m not sure which are the best for skating, so any brand recommendations would be very appreciated! Thank you
I used to use these really good ski shorts over my main trousers. The main issue is it compromised flexibility in spins, and also for double axel resisted against my leg moving through correctly. I'll dm link if you're interested but overall wouldn't recommend for longer term use over skating.
Right now I don't use padding as either pads have limited my range of motion or they have slipped down etc and inconvenienced me, but I'd 100% suggest that you wear padding when starting double axel/triples due to the psychological assistance you can gain from padding that will help you commit stronger.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I like Waxel. If you have tight enough leggings, they don't move and you can move them around for where you're falling.