Black screen with broken image | Golden Skate

Black screen with broken image

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Almost each time I use the 'go back' arrow in my browser to return to the main GS forum (no matter if I'm returning from a thread on GS or from another website), it shows an all-black page with a tiny image in the middle. The address correctly says www. goldenskate. com/ forum/ , but the name next to the GS icon above the address line, says 'forum (32x32)'. When I refresh, the main forum page displays normally again. This only happens when I click the go to previous page arrow, never when I click on the Forum hyperlink. It only happens on GS for me, and only for the main forum page, never when I return to The Edge or another section. It's a minor thing, but it's quite annoying as I click the go back arrow quite often. I haven't tested it in my cell phone yet, or other browsers, so I can just say it happens when I use the laptop and Chrome. Is there any solution to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We are aware of this and it's on our list of things to work on over the summer :)

It usually happens when you click on a subforum (but only if logged in), correct?

surimi

Record Breaker
We are aware of this and it's on our list of things to work on over the summer :)

It usually happens when you click on a subforum (but only if logged in), correct?

The black page happens no matter where I'm returning from - I tested it today, leaving GS main forum page to go to Youtube, then clicked on the back arrow, and got the black page as well. I haven't tested when not logged in yet.
Thanks for planning to take a look at it!

yesterday

Record Breaker
I also know that page. To me, that happens when I leave the forum open (logged in) in a tab in the background or in another window and just come back after a while. I click on the tab where I left https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/ open. Refresh does the job.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, can you share what plugins you are using in Chrome? Extensions?

yesterday

Record Breaker
I never used GS in other browsers 🤔
And I think it has not happened when I was new(ish) here, so it's more a thing of the last probably ~6 months?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We are working on this, but if this is happening to you, please take a minute to post answers to the three questions in the thread below:

1) device you are using (i.e. phone, ipad, laptop, and/or desktop)
2) Browser (i.e. Edge, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
3) Does this happen when you are logged out? Or only when you are logged in?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Posting as required :
1) doesn't happen on my laptop at all, just my phone
2) google chrome is the browser
3) I am logged in most of the times, so I will answer yes for logged in and not sure for when I am not logged in

I hope this helps.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1) doesn't happen on my Win 10 laptop (browser is Edge) at all, just my phone & Kindle (less often than phone)
2) google chrome is the browser on the android 9 phone, Silk on the Kindle.
3) I am logged in all the time

I think it is most likely to happen when one of the two pages has been updated without my refreshing it before I hit the back key. Also happens more when I have 5 or more tabs open.

Last edited:

midori green

On the Ice
It happens on my phone (Android, Chrome browser). I'm pretty much always logged in. If I click the word link to go back there's no problem, but it happens when I use the "back" button on the phone/browser. I wonder if it's when I've clicked through to a subsection (clicking from home page to the most recent athlete link in the fan fest section, then hitting my back button rather than the text links to "women" then "fan fest" then "home"). I haven't paid too much attention to exactly when, as it's a quick swipe down to reload and be back in business.

surimi

Record Breaker
I've just tried using another browser (Edge, and not logged into GS). I clicked on 3 threads and then back to the main forum. 3x no black screen. I returned to Chrome and logged out of GS. I clicked on the same threads and back to main forum, and 3 x no black screen. Then I logged in, did the same steps - and 3x black screen. It happens to me when logged in on my laptop, apparently. I haven't tested it on my cell phone.

2sk8

Rinkside
Happens on my phone (Android), happens on laptop (Chrome browser). I was just sort of working around it LOL

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. chromebook
2. chrome
3. I'm always logged in

I believe it happens every time I use the back arrow to return to the main forum screen.

Usually I use new posts; it DOES NOT happen when I use the back arrow to go to the "new posts" screen. Since my most usual "back arrow" action is to "new posts", the black screen hasn't been a real issue for me. When I see it, I just refresh the screen and all is well.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It happens to me with my cell phone, Android, and computers. I have two of them, Chrome in both. I usually almost never sign out during active season, but has done it sometimes. My computers are laptops, different ones. I think with my husband's desktop it does not happen. I will check it later. It has been so fir months, only this season.